Im a new mommy and its prob nothing but....

Ok screened was poor word lol.. Metal fencing cut and shaped to vent like open spaces lolol
Sounds better but be sure to make sure the holes are not an inch wide or wider because mink can get through 1 " wire.

Look forward to seeing it.
pop.gif

Sounds better but be sure to make sure the holes are not an inch wide or wider because mink can get through 1 " wire.

Look forward to seeing it. :pop

Can mink climb 6ft up a wall? Hmm ill have to research that. But again, plz remember i have 2 pitbulls on either side of coops at night and 4 that run loose all day... I havent had any problems yet (key word yet) with the chickens. Our main problem here is irresponsible neighbor and thier doggs, but already let them know... I have pits and pistols if they dont keep their dogs contained, i will. Darned thing, i havent seen them yet lolol.

Can mink climb 6ft up a wall? Hmm ill have to research that. But again, plz remember i have 2 pitbulls on either side of coops at night and 4 that run loose all day... I havent had any problems yet (key word yet) with the chickens. Our main problem here is irresponsible neighbor and thier doggs, but already let them know... I have pits and pistols if they dont keep their dogs contained, i will. Darned thing, i havent seen them yet lolol.
I did not know about the pit bulls that would def keep me away if I was a predator. I believe mink are climbers just like raccoons are.

Im still trying to figure out whos a girl n whos a boy lol..

Also... They are still "terrified" of me... Why? I dont chase them or hurt them or make sudden moves... Id love to be able to touch them without them having a heart attack...

It took a long time and loads of patience with my Runners, but they (we) got through it.

I avoided cornering them, let them out of the brooder while I cleaned it (big brooder - I used to go in with them and it was fine, then one day it all changed and they were terrified). Then afterward we would have a pea party in the hallway, and I would sit on the floor and chat with them.

Staying low to the ground was part of my strategy. Always saying hello as I approached the brooder so as not to surprise them, spending time near them chatting and singing (so now I have the lovely habit of talking to myself much of the time).

Hang in there!

Every1 quacks and talks to them as we take a shower (they are in my bedroom thats under construction) i usually let them play in bathtub while i clean their kennel. But i have to catch them to put them in. Will be so much easier when their outside facilities are finished lol..

Back
Top Bottom