I'm all alone...

BrahmaMama

Songster
12 Years
Jan 8, 2008
South Dakota
Well, not really, but my husband is gone for the next few days
big_smile.png
I have three little boys, two dogs, four horses, 8 bottle calves, and 25 chickens to keep me company...er busy
gig.gif
David (DH) is in Arkansas,where apparently it was 70 degrees today
rant.gif
somad.gif
tongue.gif
getting a tree spade put on the work truck. He left Saturday afternoon with his boss. Heber Springs, I guess is where the Big John shop is.

It's really weird with him not here...I mean, he works full days landscaping (especially spring, summer, fall) and when it is light out outside he's doing stuff around the farm-after work. So I'm used to him being gone or outside alot, but he's always here for dinner at night, and to get the boys to bed. I should really be getting stuff done and cleaning, which I have been neglecting alot, but I find myself here alot....
duc.gif
gig.gif

caf.gif

Oh, lucky you!!! At least that is the way I feel when I have a few days without DH. I love him dearly, but I really look forward to that once or twice a year that he is gone for a few days. Rent chick flicks, get some of your favorite snacks, wait for the kids to go to bed and spend a quiet evening all by yourself. Really, when you have somebody with you 24/7, just a few hours at a time being all alone seem wonderful.... well, as alone as you can be when the kids are only a "Mommy, I need you" call away!
tongue.png

Hehe, exactly, Sherriekim
smile.png
Speaking of kids, one of them is on the other side of the bed with me, lol! But yeah, I'm enjoying hanging out here, and was thinking of going and making some popcorn to snack on.

What do you have planned while he is gone? My daughter & I are bachelorettes when my DH has to take a trip. We get chinese food so we don't have to cook & watch movies that we like, but DH might not.

Smitty's Farm :

What do you have planned while he is gone? My daughter & I are bachelorettes when my DH has to take a trip. We get chinese food so we don't have to cook & watch movies that we like, but DH might not.

I didn't have anything planned at first...just try to keep up with chores, lol! But my mom did come over today, and we ended up going to a chinese restaraunt (buffet, yum!) and visiting for awhile. So that was nice, I wish I could say we went somewhere that I *never* get to go to, but my husband doesn't put up too big of a fight, so I do drag him there on a regular basis...it was good anyway, I was craving it
lol.png

It's always nice to have some quality time with your mom. I don't mind if DH has to be gone a trip for a few days, but when it's the 2 week or longer ones, it's hard. He actually doesn't have to travel that much with work now, but use to have to all the time.

Smitty's Farm :

It's always nice to have some quality time with your mom. I don't mind if DH has to be gone a trip for a few days, but when it's the 2 week or longer ones, it's hard. He actually doesn't have to travel that much with work now, but use to have to all the time.

I could see the two week stretches being tough.​

Well if it makes you feel any better here in AR we are getting lots of rain right now and are supposed to be getting snow soon.
hmm.png
So much for that nice weather holding and I STILL need to put a second coat of paint on the coop door
tongue.png

My bf just switched to 3rd shift so I don't get to see him as much so I know how boring it can get. Luckily I have the doggies

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, I just talked to him this morning, and he said it was pouring there...they were going to go out on the lake, or river, somewhere and go fishing, but the rain came. I feel bad now...he should be able to enjoy the weather, even though I'm stuck up here, lol! It was Cold doing chores this morning, brrr!

I love when DH is out of town for a few days. Even tho it seems that something always goes wrong when he's gone!! The kids are all grown and have left home, so it's my time. My time to watch movies he doesn't care for, eat what I want, when I want and go out with friends. Being a mom, some times you loose yourself...mom, wife, house cleaner, cook, taxi driver. I think all women need time away from everything once in awhile just to be ME!!

Back
Top Bottom