I'm anxiously waiting.... ***UPDATE with PICS***

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by LittleFeat, Jan 23, 2010.

1. LittleFeat

LittleFeat Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    My girls' combs and wattles have gotten bright red. They are beginning to do the "squat". Well actually Maisie's doing more than "beginning to squat"... she runs around the yard squatting at anything that moves.
    I'm beginning to get excited that I might actually have pets that "make my breakfast". I wasn't really expecting much until Spring but all the signs are beginning to show. They will be 23 weeks on Monday. [​IMG]

The wait is over!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I'm pretty sure it was Maisie. She appeared to be most ready. I'm soooo proud of her. I put golf balls in the nest boxes just this week. None have shown any interest in the boxes and didn't appear any had even
    gotten in them. Well I looked tonight and the golf balls in both nests were moved around and there was the most perfect little brown egg. Maisie's vent seems to look a little "used" and there was a little poop streaks down her feathers.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. Mrs. K

Mrs. K Overrun With Chickens

Nov 12, 2009
    western South Dakota
    The only thing close to the joy of that first egg, is the second egg and the third.... They will do it!

3. GraceAK

GraceAK Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 28, 2009
    Eagle River, AK
    I think Amber may lay first. Im putting my money on Amber! [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. LittleFeat

Jul 14, 2009
    Quote:OK Grace pay up!! I'm pretty sure it was Maisie! [​IMG]

Just kidding!! [​IMG]

But I bet Amber and Lilith won't be far behind. Now I'm excited to see what color I get from Frisbee...my EE!

5. LittleFeat

Jul 14, 2009
    One more comment....That was one goooooood eatin' egg!! My husband and I just scrambled it and shared it! WOW! We've decided we need about 15 more chickens!!

6. Cindiloohoo

Cindiloohoo Quiet as a Church Mouse

Dec 19, 2009
    Southwest TN
    Quote:Congrats on being spoiled to quality homegrown food!!!! Taste the difference? I know I did! I hope they're all laying tomorrow!! [​IMG]

7. fldiver97

fldiver97 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    [​IMG] congrats!!!! [​IMG]

8. usschicago1

usschicago1 Suburban Cochins

Aug 11, 2009
    Taunton, MA
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Yeahhh!

9. FortWorthChicks

FortWorthChicks Chillin' With My Peeps