I'm anxiously waiting.... ***UPDATE with PICS***

LittleFeat

Songster
13 Years
Jul 14, 2009
My girls' combs and wattles have gotten bright red. They are beginning to do the "squat". Well actually Maisie's doing more than "beginning to squat"... she runs around the yard squatting at anything that moves.
I'm beginning to get excited that I might actually have pets that "make my breakfast". I wasn't really expecting much until Spring but all the signs are beginning to show. They will be 23 weeks on Monday.
fl.gif

The wait is over!!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

I'm pretty sure it was Maisie. She appeared to be most ready. I'm soooo proud of her. I put golf balls in the nest boxes just this week. None have shown any interest in the boxes and didn't appear any had even
gotten in them. Well I looked tonight and the golf balls in both nests were moved around and there was the most perfect little brown egg. Maisie's vent seems to look a little "used" and there was a little poop streaks down her feathers.

36770_first_egg.jpg

36770_maisies_first.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
OK Grace pay up!! I'm pretty sure it was Maisie!
lau.gif

Just kidding!!
gig.gif

But I bet Amber and Lilith won't be far behind. Now I'm excited to see what color I get from Frisbee...my EE!

One more comment....That was one goooooood eatin' egg!! My husband and I just scrambled it and shared it! WOW! We've decided we need about 15 more chickens!!

Quote:
Congrats on being spoiled to quality homegrown food!!!! Taste the difference? I know I did! I hope they're all laying tomorrow!!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom