I'm gonna be RICH!

Quote:
Oh great and mighty Papakeith, may I have one small cent?
bow.gif
lol.png

Now that I can barely pay my labor costs
tongue.png
certainly you may have a cent!
smile.png

107267_spreadsheet1119.jpg

The girls have been working very hard for me, and I don't seem to be having any trouble selling off all that they produce. I even had someone come knocking on my door looking after I was sold out from the roadside stand.

It's almost time to increase the flock size !

I could save some money if I ate my chickens and bought eggs from you. My cost per egg has me up to about $3.50 dozen.

If you look at the top right, you'll see my true cost per dozen. This includes everything.

the other CPD don't include building, equipment, or hen purchase costs, They only include feed, feed + time, or feed, time+packaging. So I'm lying to myself a bit
smile.png
Just a bit though. The top row gives the full accounting of it. Well, that and the other 5 or six worksheets in the spreadsheet.

I guess this"chicken math disorder" crosses over from bird overaccumulation and infects the accounting process too.
Following that line of reasoning ... WE'RE ALL GONNA BE RICH!

WOOT.

I figured 5 hens would be perfect.
I've got 19 now and no sign of stopping!

The spread sheet I built, divides the cost of feed by the number of eggs. Until my two Wyandots went broody, my cost per egg was about the same as buying "brown" eggs at the store. By the time the broodies got on with it, my whole flock started molting. Now my cost of eggs is closer to the price of good steak. I'm thinking those wyandots are going into the soup pot.

Quote:
I live in a little village called Salisbury! haha

Yeah.. I don't even want to know...
hide.gif

I'm up to 18 chickens and one duck. Only two of my hens are producing regularly (Nearly every day), one is in molt and one is just lazy! The rest are not there yet. Close though! One of these days I will have LOTS AND LOTS of eggs!
big_smile.png
I already have neighbours, friends and family waiting!
ya.gif

Quote:
Looks a lot like mine -- until I developed the Mudd Farms Accounting Technique: throw away every other receipt, and ignore internet purchases altogether.

Now, I am happy in the delusion that I'm not losing my shirt.

Well, there goes my bottom line. I've got a missing hen. Did my usual PM count and I kept coming up 1 short. I didn't see any feathers or dead chicken. No sign of a struggle, so I have to assume she went AWOL. I checked most of the trees. . . nothing. I've just got to hope she shows up tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom