Im gonna sound crazy... Quail diapers?

A friend of mine used to hung out with her birds a lot. She told me she would feed them only certain hours so they wouldn't poop all the time. I don't know if that sounds wright, but she loved animals very much and I trust her advices. My quails droppings were a bit liquid at summer because I was giving them a lot of lettuce. Now they are firm because I don't give them greens so often and when I do I prefer dry herbs like oregano and nettle. But not very often. Those two are very strong herbs
Ill try a feeding schedule possibly! Thank you! He hasn't been around for summer yet...

Okay thank you! Is there any way I can let him hangout without getting poop EVERYWHERE?
@Kiki is messing with you!!! Of course you can put a diaper on your quail! You can put a hat and vest on him if you want to, who's gonna report you? 🤣🤣🤣 Good luck getting one to fit. Have fun! And don't pay any attention to Kiki, we should change her name to Kuku!

@Kiki is messing with you!!! Of course you can put a diaper on your quail! You can put a hat and vest on him if you want to, who's gonna report you? 🤣🤣🤣 Good luck getting one to fit. Have fun! And don't pay any attention to Kiki, we should change her name to Kuku!
Agreed! Thank for saying this @BigBlueHen53! That needed to be said! Sorry Kuku, she needs to back off! 🤣

Last edited:
I had a couple of females with him. He was quite aggressive to them. He almost pecked them to death (They passed shortly after)(Unknown). He isn't that friendly towards other birds. He fights (It's not concerning, he just pecks and puffs up for only about 30 seconds at a time) with his reflection. Do you know a place where I could get just females? With hatching eggs, I don't want to take the chance of getting too many. I have made a couple of attempts to get him some females. No luck with finding any. I have had terrible luck with hatching, I had 65 eggs and he is the only survivor. I have done everything right. 3 chicks came out with health problems. I was considering trying again in the spring. I would be worried right now because it's super cold where I am. I joined a Facebook group but all they had to offer was more males.
Sorry 💟, I missed that question, your thread is super busy 😂!! I wish I could help you but I'm in Greece🇬🇷 !! There must have been something wrong with your incubator or with the eggs. I made so many mistakes ( the plug went off for half a day, It was a super hot summer ect) and I got 7 chicks out of 11 eggs but the eggs were mine so they were in good condition and they were all fertile. Were your females sexualy mature when you put them together? I made that fatal mistake. It's not enough to be 6 week old, they must start laying to be sure they are mature otherwise they won't accept him and he will probably harm them trying to mate. It's shocking how wild they can get. We must never forget they are wild animals. Even when you do everything right something will go south. I see you are very committed so consider changing to Japanese quails that are easier to find and search for a farmer near you that keeps them for egg/ meat production. I've read that button quails are more wild then Japanese. Your bird sounds happy so keep him as a pet.
The first 3 females I bought turned out to be 2 males, so make sure they are at least 4 weeks old and they have a lot of chest spots. Again, sorry I'm so far away that I can't help you.
I've seen a thread here asking "which State are you from". Maybe someone is from Colorado? I don't know how old you are, so ask your parents to contact. Keep safe and busy👷

Sorry 💟, I missed that question, your thread is super busy 😂!! I wish I could help you but I'm in Greece🇬🇷 !! There must have been something wrong with your incubator or with the eggs. I made so many mistakes ( the plug went off for half a day, It was a super hot summer ect) and I got 7 chicks out of 11 eggs but the eggs were mine so they were in good condition and they were all fertile. Were your females sexualy mature when you put them together? I made that fatal mistake. It's not enough to be 6 week old, they must start laying to be sure they are mature otherwise they won't accept him and he will probably harm them trying to mate. It's shocking how wild they can get. We must never forget they are wild animals. Even when you do everything right something will go south. I see you are very committed so consider changing to Japanese quails that are easier to find and search for a farmer near you that keeps them for egg/ meat production. I've read that button quails are more wild then Japanese. Your bird sounds happy so keep him as a pet.
The first 3 females I bought turned out to be 2 males, so make sure they are at least 4 weeks old and they have a lot of chest spots. Again, sorry I'm so far away that I can't help you.
I've seen a thread here asking "which State are you from". Maybe someone is from Colorado? I don't know how old you are, so ask your parents to contact. Keep safe and busy👷
Thank you! Buttons are hard to find in Colorado. I have looked for a while now. My females I hatched and they sadly passed away. All my chicks where together. I joined a Facebook group, all they had where males. That pretty cool that you are form Greece!

Back
Top Bottom