Im gonna sound crazy... Quail diapers?

I don’t want to naysay, I think the bandanas and saddles are very cute, but I am wondering if it’s a good idea to use a diaper which will be holding the poop there against their vent. I’m thinking it might be better to just get like a king sized flannel sheet and drape it over everything you want protected. I think the bird will poop the second you put a diaper on, because that’s what quail do, and it’ll be there against the vent smooshing into the feathers, getting pooped on more and more.

I don’t want to naysay, I think the bandanas and saddles are very cute, but I am wondering if it’s a good idea to use a diaper which will be holding the poop there against their vent. I’m thinking it might be better to just get like a king sized flannel sheet and drape it over everything you want protected. I think the bird will poop the second you put a diaper on, because that’s what quail do, and it’ll be there against the vent smooshing into the feathers, getting pooped on more and more.
Diapers are designed to sit out, and away from the feathers in a triangle, so the poop sit away from the vet. That is why buying them is a better idea because you know that the poop is away form the vent.

On etsy you can get chicken diapers. I am sure you could find someone on etsy to custom make a diaper for you. I say get one and see if your bird gets used to it. He might love getting to spend more time with you.
I tried a sock and he seemed very content! It was too big and he couldn't really move, today he sat on my shoulder (pooped on me) I cooked him some pasta for him and he ran around my feet while I made it.

That is so cute!
He also snuggled and watched a show together. Today I was in a live class, he sat with me and fell asleep. Everyone loved him 🤭
He has some pretty wonderful days, today I also clipped his wings. It took him a while to figure out he can't fly anymore.

I had a kitten who got hit by a car and a cat who got eaten by a coyote, I dont know if I'm ready for more cats
So sad for your other pets. Get him some company. 3 females would be great. One of my males mates just with one off his four hens. They have preferences too. You will have a lot of fun trying to fulfill their needs and they will eventually find a relationship balance. He shouldn't be alone. A rabbit cage will be fine if he is so small 🐓🐔🐔🐔

thank you! Also thank you for @ me! I felt terrible about suggesting diapers! Its good to know you think its a good idea! He is a little sweetheart! I didn't expect him to be like that!
Don't feel guilty! Just don't let the diaper on for a long time. I've read poops tend to stick on them when dry and create problems. I don't remember how it's called that situation.

Well, I have a button quail. He is quite the pooper. I really want to be able to let him sit with me while I do school work. He LOVES cuddles, I just don't want tiny turds everywhere. I discovered https//www.flightquarters.com/bird-diaper Is that crazy? I tried to sew my own. I can never get it right. Maybe I'm just a sucker for animals. What size would an adult male button quail be?
Button female max size liie 4 inches from head to tail or so

Back
Top Bottom