Im gonna sound crazy... Quail diapers?

Pics

Livvy0987

Songster
Oct 13, 2020
Colorado
Well, I have a button quail. He is quite the pooper. I really want to be able to let him sit with me while I do school work. He LOVES cuddles, I just don't want tiny turds everywhere. I discovered https//www.flightquarters.com/bird-diaper Is that crazy? I tried to sew my own. I can never get it right. Maybe I'm just a sucker for animals. What size would an adult male button quail be?

Just get chicken diapers and tinker with them until you make fit.
I think they would be a little too small for him. He is a button quail. Here is a picture I found on the internet, It will show you their size
1606959905338.png

Yes I can! Maybe an old thin sock? I had a peep pouch when he was younger when I had to transport him. I tried sewing a diaper thing once but it was too big. He didn't seem bothered. It obviously wouldn't stay on longer than 30-40 minutes. Thank you for the idea!
This is a great idea! And remember, always take ideas and advice you don't like with a grain of salt, there are lots of members here and everyone will have different opinions so don't worry if people disagree. I love the diaper idea! If I could have have house poultry I would be so happy! I am so sorry about your cat! Our cats don't make it very often here to, your quail seem so sweet! Sock is a great idea! You could even use fabric squares from a fabric store or even amazon to sew something! A late welcome to BYC, happy to have you here! ☺

thank you! Also thank you for @ me! I felt terrible about suggesting diapers! Its good to know you think its a good idea! He is a little sweetheart! I didn't expect him to be like that!
Ya, others (like Kiki) will lave separate opinions, but since he is your bird, you will know best what he can handle and what he can't. I get that you just want him to be able to spend time with you without a huge mess. There is no harm in trying, if it works it works, if he doesn't lie it, he doesn't like it. It will take some getting used to, but I am sure he will be fine! ☺

Back
Top Bottom