Im hatching 5 silkie chicks and they all seem to look like day 10 instead of day 17.

bunty101

Hatching
Dec 4, 2023
At day 17 only one silkie egg seems to have developed an eye but none have filled up an egg yet and still seem to be developing. should I put them in lockdown tomorrow or wait for them to develop further?

What temperature and humidity are you running? Is your incubator calibrated? Are these shipped eggs?
I cannot control the humidity as is a simple incubator with a soaked string. I have started to spray the eggs to increase humidity. I am keeping them at a temperature of 38 degrees. And yes they are shipped eggs. Thanks so much for replying.

I cannot control the humidity as is a simple incubator with a soaked string. I have started to spray the eggs to increase humidity. I am keeping them at a temperature of 38 degrees. And yes they are shipped eggs. Thanks so much for replying.
I wouldn't be spraying eggs right now. If they're shipped, its very possible that they were too shaken or infertile.
38 is a little hot but not bad, do you have a secondary thermometer to be sure of temperature? Are you able to get pictures of the eggs candling.

Back
Top Bottom