Im' in Nova Scotia, Canada

Howdy everyone! I'm in Nova Scotia, too - middle of the Valley to be a bit more precise.

Can anyone tell me how to find out about any local poultry shows? I'm also looking for a nice showy rooster to marshall my girls this summer. I'd prefer to have a (light) Brown Leghorn roo, but they seem to be rather scarce in my neck of the woods. We don't have our girls yet, as we just moved out this way, but are starting to look seriously as spring is just around the corner.

I appreciate your help!

I don't know how I missed this thread, but just now came across it.  We live in a small town not far from Truro, N.S. and have had 3 welsummers for about 1 1/2 years.  I chose this breed because I didn't want to raise any roos (Wellies are easily sexed at one day), especially in a town and knowing we only wanted 3 or so.  I wanted a drak brown egg-layer.  We've been happy with the breed, but the crazy weather this winter caused quite a long moult.  The girls are swinging back into egg-laying mode now, though.

We travel to the Fredericton area of N.B. from time to time, so if anyone wants to send eggs or chicks from truo area to Fredericton, just let me know and I'll tell you when we're going up again.  Rigth now it looks like we're going up again March 30th weekend...will leave Truro about 2 pm and return Sunday afternoon.

Hello fellow Nova Scotian :) I came across your post while searching for "Welsummer Nova Scotia" but I see its a few years old so I hope you are still around. I'm looking for a Welsummer rooster - either a young cockerel now or an older one down the line. I've found two online breeders (Circle Pond and Active Life) but they don't carry Welsummers. I'm wondering where you got yours and if you have any suggestions. There is one for sale on kijiji right now in the Annapolis Valley but he's too old I think (4.5 mos) to be put with my 6-week old girls (I'm in Kingsport, a village about 20 min from Wolfville). It's so cool to see people from NS on here :)

Susan (chicken newbie)

Hello, from Cape Breton, trying to locate some appenzeller spitzhaubens for my unique breed, then I need to pick a diff breed that lays nice eggs,and gets along with kids and the appenzellers,hard to find breeders.if anyone knows ,give me a shout...DW

Back
Top Bottom