I'm just sick of this....

It's easier to ask forgiveness than ask permission.
cool.png

I know you just want to vent. But some food for thought:

Is fiance defending you to them? If not.....
Are you letting In laws just walk all over you because you need to live there?
Do you think fiance is becoming independent or is he not leaving the nest?

Whatever the dynamics of your relationships with inlaws and fiance, don't think it will get better in the future, it will get worse unless you set things straight now.

Quote:
As a landlord myself of a rental/lease home I will give you my opinion. It is really none of my business what animals they have as long as the laws allow and no property damage is being done. I would rather have someone with several animals that take care of the place and pay on time than to have the so called perfect family who neglect and tear the place to pieces. My current tenants have been in the rental for 15yrs, have several animals and they take care of the property as if it were their own. Yes I may own the place, however they are providing me income also. They may be paying rent but they are paying rent to make my place their home and I'm not going to micro-manage their lifestyle.

I also own a vacation rental cabin in the mountains that stays booked 2 to 3yrs in advance. I do not allow any animals at all on this property due to the turnover of clients. It's not fair for the family who may be allergic to come in the week after a former client had animals in the house. This is in the contract rental agreement with severe penalties. I've had one party to violate this policy in 5yrs, resulting in the loss of his $500.00 deposit to clean the carpets and furniture.

Quote:
My fiance is taking over the whole goat situation. He is talking with the in laws about it. The only reason I want another one so bad is my Billy needs a friend. The insurance thing is apparently settled. So hopefully I will be picking her up this weekend? or next?

Quote:
My fiance is taking over the whole goat situation. He is talking with the in laws about it. The only reason I want another one so bad is my Billy needs a friend. The insurance thing is apparently settled. So hopefully I will be picking her up this weekend? or next?

Well,goodfor you!!! I'm glad fiance is helping you out here, that's what men are for!
wink.png

My inlaws don't own our house, when my FIL complains about how many pets we have(not that the are badly cared for!) I go and get another one in spite:D

Quote:
As a landlord myself of a rental/lease home I will give you my opinion. It is really none of my business what animals they have as long as the laws allow and no property damage is being done.

As a Landlord myself I have to take except to this comment. While it may be legal for someone to have an animal the terms of the lease agreement is the arbiter of what type of animals are allowed on the property. We have epressly forbidden any animals in all of our lease agreements since we don't want to deal with the damage that may occur. We allow animals, but the terms are finite. Afterall the property is MINE and I don't want to deal with unwanted animals.

Since this is a family situation I doubt there is a lease which opens many avenues for resentment and confusion. Apparently the potential in-laws have an issue with goats. Of course they only own the property, what respect do they deserve.........

Jim

Back
Top Bottom