I'm loving the 6-chick minimum at TSC!!

yuckyuck.gif

I called TSC this morning, and they only had 5 bantams left! They only got them in on Thursday, sheesh!

We decided to be "responsible this year and just order the 25 chicks we wanted from Murray McMurray. They're cute as anything.

So.... went to pick up feed the other day at Rural King and came home with 6 cochin bantams. We just HAD to stop and check to see if TSC had turkeys and picked up 6 aracanas!

Glad I'm not the only one with this addiction!
Molly

Quote:
I asked my tractor supply if I could do that and they told me "no," each trip must be 6 chicks! argh!!!
barnie.gif

Then ask them if you can have a free replacement if you bring in the dead body of a chick and your reciept. Sheesh....sometimes rules are soooo silly. (If one of mine died I 'd be willing to buy one more to replace it, if they allowed me to show receipt of purchase of 6 at the time i bought the replacement one)

Quote:
I know.
It's silly.

I called my TSC and asked them if they'd simply replace a dead chick (I would pay for the replacement and perhaps purchase two).
They said NO replacements or reimbursements and I could not just buy two to replace the dead chick.
Gotta be SIX chicks minimum!

hmm.png

I went to TSC on Thursday and they let me get 3 chicks and 3 ducklings to make it 6. Took a little bit of talking, but in the end, I got what I wanted. Well sort of. They told me the 3 chicks were BR pullets and when I got home and checked ~ they are BA.

We have the 6 minimum law in Ohio too. I think it's one of the dumbest things lol. That's what we needed, more government control. More stupid laws they can't enforce. If they really cared about the chicks, they wouldn't allow TSC to sell them at all lol. I would guess many more chicks die due to the big hatcheries practices, including shipping, than people buying 1 or 2 chicks at a time.

This time of year, it's so easy to find chicks, I would NEVER buy them from Tractor Supply. There are ads every day on CL, and none of them adhere to the 6 chick minimum. I would really worry about biosecurity as well. So many people have been through there handling those chicks. Who knows what you're bringing home. Add to that the fact that nobody there even knows what they're selling.

Quote:
There were only two bantams left in the bantam tank when DH and I went to our TSC this past weekend. He felt sorry for them being all alone in that huge tank, so wanted to bring them home. I was banking on the 6 minimum rule (since they had plenty of LF chicks, and we certainly didn't have room for SIX - didn't really have room for the two little ones in my estimation), but they sold him the two lone bantams
hu.gif
He said it was because he asked so politely
roll.png
but I'm sure it's because they must be cockerels
barnie.gif

But things happen for a reason - I totally agree.

Back
Top Bottom