Pics
If i have to. I just caught her doing it today i thought she was having problems so i went to get her off the nest "she'd been there mostly all day " and she puffed at me! I ran my hand under and yep she already laid. I got her and put her on the roost,hoping a nice sleep will make her forget about it. Come springtime she can have at it,just not right now. Crazy hussy has only been laying a good month.
I sure hope it works :fl I've been overrun with broodys and nothing has stopped em so far...Let me know what works for you, I have 2 more gone broody and I keep booting them out of the nest boxes but they just wait for someone to lay and sit on anyone's egg...I steal the eggs and kick them out again, but so far it's not working..:th

View attachment 1167958

I was cleaning the coop today, and I found TWO tiny little Cochin eggs!!!!!
Weeks of sifting through poopy bedding desperately seeking eggs, and it finally paid off!!!! :wee
My little Cochins haven't been laying in the nest boxes! One lays behind the box. The other lays wherever. They are so tiny, I just know I'm gonna step on one or two!

You sure she doesn't have some silkie mixed in there ;)
(the dumb factor lol!)
Very pretty chick, dumb or not.
Are silkies dumb too? Ive never had them. I think Rosie must be missing a few brain cells. She's named for Ring Around the Rosie because as a little she used to spin in circles. Right before she would walk anywhere, she would spin to left like 6 times, then walk a bit and spin again. She doesn't spin so much anymore, but she's just weird and not smart at all.

Come springtime she can have at it,just not right now. Crazy hussy has only been laying a good month.
One of my new little buff cochins is showing signs too!! Shes not all way commited tho. I said the same thing to her, just wait until spring and I will give you fertile eggs! I want LF cochins so badly. Cant find a good source for them tho.

My little Cochins haven't been laying in the nest boxes! One lays behind the box. The other lays wherever. They are so tiny, I just know I'm gonna step on one or two!

None of my new layers have really figured out the boxes yet.
These were partially buried and hidden from view in a back corner behind their feeder. Never would have found them if I weren't actually digging through the bedding in true crazy chicken lady style ;)

I actually did a full face plant today because Lulu ran right in front of me.Those birds aren't right.:lau
Are silkies dumb too? Ive never had them. I think Rosie must be missing a few brain cells. She's named for Ring Around the Rosie because as a little she used to spin in circles. Right before she would walk anywhere, she would spin to left like 6 times, then walk a bit and spin again. She doesn't spin so much anymore, but she's just weird and not smart at all.

If i have to. I just caught her doing it today i thought she was having problems so i went to get her off the nest "she'd been there mostly all day " and she puffed at me! I ran my hand under and yep she already laid. I got her and put her on the roost,hoping a nice sleep will make her forget about it. Come springtime she can have at it,just not right now. Crazy hussy has only been laying a good month.

I have yet another serama trying to sit too. I usually give in, and let them keep eggs, but not this time. I've been taking every egg she tries to hoard. Sit her on the ground and she just sits there, in a daze. :rolleyes:

I sure hope it works :fl I've been overrun with broodys and nothing has stopped em so far...Let me know what works for you, I have 2 more gone broody and I keep booting them out of the nest boxes but they just wait for someone to lay and sit on anyone's egg...I steal the eggs and kick them out again, but so far it's not working..:th

:barnie

Silkies aren't known for being too bright! Lol
I've only had 2 though. (pitiful looking, poorly bred ones) One was named Daisy, she could not find her way out of the gate for the longest time.
I called her DumbAss forever, so it turned into DumbAssIgnorantSilkieYoungen. :lau

I have a Delaware that's dumber than a box of rocks. I have a video of her I'll have to upload & share. She's very special.

Back
Top Bottom