100_0709.JPG
Olive eggers :love

For you @KikisGirls

and for OP...the Silkie/Cochin eggs are about the same size as the smaller, young pullet eggs as seen in this chart of my breeding results. (The White egg is from my Cal Grey who lays a normal, large size egg).

View attachment 1150740

For you @KikisGirls

and for OP...the Silkie/Cochin eggs are about the same size as the smaller, young pullet eggs as seen in this chart of my breeding results. (The White egg is from my Cal Grey who lays a normal, large size egg).

Wow. You wear the crown for this picture!!!!!! That is like, Organic Chicken Chemistry 101, lol. Beautiful!

Speaking of broodies, do Buff Orpingtons go broody easily? My cousins have lots of them, and they have to lift the hens out of the nesting boxes to collect eggs. I was over there and they had 4 broodies out of about 20 hens. They kick them off the nest evey day.

Speaking of broodies, do Buff Orpingtons go broody easily? My cousins have lots of them, and they have to lift the hens out of the nesting boxes to collect eggs. I was over there and they had 4 broodies out of about 20 hens. They kick them off the nest evey day.

Really depends on the line.

I had two sets of hatchery quality Buffs, and I got rid of them. They neither laid well nor went broody.

Of the 6 to 8??? I owned (I've forgotten, it's been awhile), only 1 attempted to brood, and not very seriously.

Some lines however are very broody prone and make good mothers.

So it depends.
LofMc

I LOVE your paper choice!
Awesome!

Yes...chuckle...I spared no expense.

I only had kitchen paper towels on hand and a semi-working marker (I had to track down as people in the house keep stealing mine).

I made it on the fly, setting eggs I had from the fridge, to show on another thread the development of F1 and F2 olive and dark brown in breeding.

Now if the CL would just lay. Silly girl. (Funny thing, my last Cream Legbars laid well, I sold lots of their fertile eggs, customers hatched olive eggers...gave me photos....but I only could hatch roosters...then lost mine CL to a coon...so this one little girl...she has a lot riding on her. Haha)

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom