So here are the duccle and bantam Cochin egg pics I promised.

View attachment 1151261
Notice the rabbit nestbox lol

View attachment 1151263 View attachment 1151264 View attachment 1151266
And here they are with a large white egg for size.

I’m hoping they get a little bigger but the girls are so small.
That is SO CUTE!! What a sweet little hen <3 Thank you! Those don't look as teeny as I thought they would be. They're beautiful!
Cindi (who just happens to be eating soft-boiled eggs right now, go figure)

That is SO CUTE!! What a sweet little hen <3 Thank you! Those don't look as teeny as I thought they would be. They're beautiful!
Cindi (who just happens to be eating soft-boiled eggs right now, go figure)

They were much smaller when they started laying. I don’t think they will ever be a small egg size, and my OEGB lays an even smaller egg lol

View attachment 1150685 you want wonderful, small, friendly, sweet Chicks that lay really well. OEG bantams.
Only 1 rooster though... They don't like to share hens. Hastings goal is to win over the salmon Faverolles and EE hens. He likes big girls. Lol
In fact I was looking at my Japanese bantam chicks. These I saved for my breeding pen... The cockerel has white legs... Hastings the daddy he's the only one who could have done it...My Don Juan. My Cyrano. Hastings is a mess!
And my favorite by far.

Hey Chich,

These are beautiful birds! I've looked into them and thought of getting them. The thing that's scared me off is they seem to be the pit bull (or more appropriately, Chihuahua or Jack Russell--big bird in tiny body) of the banty world. Everything I've read about them says they are aggressive and don't play well with others. That's what scared me off!

That would be really funny seeing that tiny little dude jumping on a big fluffy Faverolles, lol!

They were much smaller when they started laying. I don’t think they will ever be a small egg size, and my OEGB lays an even smaller egg lol

Is that one each of a Cochin and d'Uccle egg in your pic?

You guys with the OEGB, now you got me thinking.....grrrr....if I get any more chickens my husband will divorce me, lol! I also want to get some Seramas, they are so tiny and cute. I just love the tiny chickens!!! :)

Is that one each of a Cochin and d'Uccle egg in your pic?

You guys with the OEGB, now you got me thinking.....grrrr....if I get any more chickens my husband will divorce me, lol! I also want to get some Seramas, they are so tiny and cute. I just love the tiny chickens!!! :)
Yes :) my duccle is porcelain and well you seen my cochin lol

I honestly don’t like my OEGB pair. Biddy is so flighty and attacks my silkies. Petree my cockerel is egg protective even with me.

Here is a pic of the OEGB egg with large and XL chicken eggs. They are under a broody now.
382EE770-4AAA-4172-AFAF-463C5ACF5B9F.jpeg

I'm playing the waiting game, too! My 5 are all 20 weeks old today and still nothing. I've been expecting an egg from the red sex link and black australorp for a couple of weeks now. They both have nice red combs & wattles, and the RSL is supposed to be an early starter! Alas, I still have nothing. I also have an easter egger, golden laced wyandote, and cuckoo maran, but I'm not expecting to see an egg from any of them before the first two get started.

You can't get a better flock protector the OEG bantams. I would not trade them for my life, but I rotate foraging because they are protecting their hens. They are fearless. Hastings as tiny as he is has driven off cats, a hawk and my dog stays clear of him... He's not aggressive toward me or my family ( bringer of treats). View attachment 1151537 View attachment 1151539
He looks like mine! Petree was my buddy until Biddy started laying. He used to come running to me for cuddles and sit on my shoulder. His big “brother” is a standard and they were inseparable until the hormones hit. My OEGBs are in with 2 EEs and a SFH.
4CD56303-D4A0-46B6-B402-9D7CF125800D.jpeg

I feel your pain! I have 5 EEs, 24 weeks old. One has been laying for a month! Every day, unless our backyard construction upsets her. Nada from the others. Only one of the others even squats! I know Ameracaunas tend to lay late, so it kinda makes sense. But still! I'm hoping they don't all wait for spring . . .

Back
Top Bottom