Pics
Maybe they're just late bloomers...Or really good at hiding them..Lol
I found a beautiful very clean clutch of AC eggs in the back window of my hub's TR 7...Lol he had it in a carport and left a window down....lol

:lau

That'll teach him to roll up the windows.

We have too many chickens and neighbor cats to leave anything out or down....and we don't own turkeys now. Those buggers really get into stuff.

Lofmc

:lau

That'll teach him to roll up the windows.

We have too many chickens and neighbor cats to leave anything out or down....and we don't own turkeys now. Those buggers really get into stuff.

Lofmc
So true...Lol
We have a few turkeys and so far haven't had any problems....But I think they've heard about what happens to nasty roos here and have decided to play nice...lol

My lovely lavender ameraucana hen is going on 33 weeks... I kid you not... and still has not laid a single egg!! Has anyone heard of it taking THIS long before the first egg??? Yes, I am sure she is not a rooster and I am sure she is not laying! (Pelvic bones still close together) I haven't seen her mated by our rooster yet and she doesn't squat either. She does seem a little small still, about the size of our leghorn hen despite being 2 weeks older. Any ideas? The picture is from today.

Attachments

• 20171009_173147.jpg
    20171009_173147.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
My lovely lavender ameraucana hen is going on 33 weeks... I kid you not... and still has not laid a single egg!! Has anyone heard of it taking THIS long before the first egg??? Yes, I am sure she is not a rooster and I am sure she is not laying! (Pelvic bones still close together) I haven't seen her mated by our rooster yet and she doesn't squat either. She does seem a little small still, about the size of our leghorn hen despite being 2 weeks older. Any ideas? The picture is from today.

Yes Ameraucana hen.

At 33 weeks of age (about 8 1/2 months), she is not out of the norm for Ameraucana.

Ameraucana do develop more slowly, often not laying until 6 to 7 months of age, AND she is maturing now in the shortening day light hours. That means her pituitary may not get enough light to lay until days start to lengthen again.

But, look for possible egg stashes, make sure she is not overly thin from being hazed away from food, or has any mite/lice issues, and continue to wait.

She could lay any day...or she may not lay until February.

Very pretty girl.

LofMc

Yes Ameraucana hen.

At 33 weeks of age (about 8 1/2 months), she is not out of the norm for Ameraucana.

Ameraucana do develop more slowly, often not laying until 6 to 7 months of age, AND she is maturing now in the shortening day light hours. That means her pituitary may not get enough light to lay until days start to lengthen again.

But, look for possible egg stashes, make sure she is not overly thin from being hazed away from food, or has any mite/lice issues, and continue to wait.

She could lay any day...or she may not lay until February.

Very pretty girl.

LofMc

Well thank you! I have heard that ameraucanas can take a while, her Marans and leghorn sisters started laying months ago! I hope I get some pretty blue eggs before spring!!!

Back
Top Bottom