Pics
I was so proud of my egg yesterday, I even dreamed that there would be lots of eggs in the coop this morning. Guess what no eggs this morning.

Just went back outside to do some more gardening and I heard that loud bawking screeching chicken noise and there was a new egg in the other nest box. I think it was the same chicken as yesterday but I'm not really sure. Anyway it is 4:00 in the afternoon and I thought they were supposed to lay in the mornings.

Don't really know why I am working in the garden either. I built raised beds last year and our yard is just too shady for gardening, that's another reason I decided to grow chickens instead. Here in Florida it is time to start our fall / winter garden. I might just have to grow chicken food.

You guys are killing me! :lau

Carry a frying pan outside and threaten them with it. "Gimme an egg for this pan or YOU get fried instead"
This really works guys!!! All my girls started laying just after I had the "talk" with them....Then they decided paybacks were in order and now hide them...I swear they are laughing at me as I search on hands and knees in mud and muck under everything... Gotta love em!!! :rolleyes:

Just went back outside to do some more gardening and I heard that loud bawking screeching chicken noise and there was a new egg in the other nest box. I think it was the same chicken as yesterday but I'm not really sure. Anyway it is 4:00 in the afternoon and I thought they were supposed to lay in the mornings.

Don't really know why I am working in the garden either. I built raised beds last year and our yard is just too shady for gardening, that's another reason I decided to grow chickens instead. Here in Florida it is time to start our fall / winter garden. I might just have to grow chicken food.
Oh lord... They lay all through the day...It's just to drive us even more batty! Lol

So i think i have a new layer. Her spray booth is still working out the kinks. But today's egg has a hard growth on the outside.
WP_20171011_22_43_31_Pro_LI.jpg WP_20171011_22_42_03_Pro_LI.jpg

Her spray booth???!!!! BAAAHAAHHAAAA, this cracked me up so hard.
We really are a funny bunch, up in here. I love this thread.
/warm fuzzies

:D
I heard a reference once about the formation of the egg that compared the coloring being applied at the end of the process like a spray booth. I guess it stuck in my brain lol!

Back
Top Bottom