I'm new here & new to being a chicken mistress 😁 lol. I have a question about roos. I hope I'm posting in rite place ??

I have 2 large roos & (I thought) 2 hens. However we figured out yesterday that our barrack hen is actually another roo. We started with 8 chicks last spring & end up with 1 very small hen & 3 roos. 😔 We had some troubles with the 2 large barrack roos fighting last fall but after a time out (about a day apart) they are getting along & both healed up. I'm worried about the small hen (sitting on eggs rite now) & how 3 large roos is gonna work with her & chicks ??

I have 2 large roos & (I thought) 2 hens. However we figured out yesterday that our barrack hen is actually another roo. We started with 8 chicks last spring & end up with 1 very small hen & 3 roos. 😔 We had some troubles with the 2 large barrack roos fighting last fall but after a time out (about a day apart) they are getting along & both healed up. I'm worried about the small hen (sitting on eggs rite now) & how 3 large roos is gonna work with her & chicks ??
I'd rehome 1, or 2 boys, & add more hens.

You mean Barred Rock?

That is not a very desirable situation and I think it would be best to separate the broody and her chicks.

Back
Top Bottom