I'm sick of this cold weather...

ticks

Pheasant Obsessed
11 Years
Apr 1, 2008
The Sticks, Vermont
This morning it was -25 F with the sun up, and -5-0 F during the day, atleast tomorrow will be warm, about 9 degrees. T-shirt weather.
smile.png

Quote:
It might be because you're in sunny Houston?
gig.gif

As long as the sun is shining, I can deal with the cold. But if it's a cold, rainy day? Might as well send me back to bed!
hide.gif

Quote:
It was -30 here. Brrrr. I don't mind it. Back in the day I used to haul crab traps in it when I was 17-23. Being on the water at those temps is brutal.

We have only a woodstove for heat. It really is the best way for us to heat. Has it's perks. I do hope we get some warmer weather soon. My electric bill will go up from the chickens. I am running two heat lamps in the coop. It'll probably go from 30.00 to 60.00.
roll.png
Looking forward to the spring. Not long now.....wishful thinking!!
big_smile.png

Priscilla

Last edited:
South isn't much better right now, it's up to 23 today in Alabama. That is usually our low and then it doesn't happen often. BBBRRRRR

hey ticks....go get your hand wet and go touch something outside that's metal...i dare ya.

i have a chicken in a cage on the porch and I was bringing him fresh water...my hand was a little wet and it stuck to the cage.

and i was bare foot.

that's called...livin on the edge.....

me,
g

Quote:
When I was 6 we lived in Fairbanks, Alaska. My mom picked me up after school and we went to the daycare to get my little brother. As we walked by a candy cane painted steel pole... Oh yeah I did!! Stuck my tongue to it. The was 47 years ago and I still hate to have my hand stuck to anything frozen.

I can't watch the scene in A Christmas Story when he sticks his tongue to the pole. Bad memories...

I did it when i was a teen...i was bringing in groceries and had my hands full and i put my tongue to the door bell to ring it....made me bleed because i pulled away...i remember it like it was yesterday....

me,
g

Back
Top Bottom