I'm so freakin mad!!! *VENT*

cjeanean

Can't Decide
11 Years
Mar 5, 2008
Missouri
Okay, so we're going to extend the run, and I tell hubby not to mow the area that we're going to extend into because I want the grass to grow up before we put chickens out there. I'd like them to be able to have at least a little grass for a little while, since I know they do such a good job tearing it all down. We made the mistake of putting the chickens out before the grass had a chance to grow up, and as a result they didn't have much for greens to eat. Well, I told him not to mow, and I wake up to find everything mowed down!!! Now I have to wait another 2 weeks before I can extend the run!!! I'm so freakin mad right now!!! Why the h*** can't he ever listen to me!!!!! I really wanted to get the run extended this weekend, and I also wanted the grass to grow up before I put our cornish X's out. Not gonna happen! So now, I either have to wait or let them out before the grass grows, meaning we'll have huge bare patches.
he.gif
barnie.gif

It's going to take two weeks for your grass to grow? I only have to wait a few days.

If if your husband has that much time on his hands he can come mow for me. It took forever to get the coop extension finished and now I'm trying to get the garden fenced for my wife. The chickens are eating all the sprouts. Then I have to fence in the orchard so the cornish crosses that are at someone elses house will have a place to range. I also need shelter for the crosses. Oh well. Mowing waits until we can't stand it anymore.

* Don't feel too bad!!! Mine just sold our house when I didn't want to-- AND at 43K LESS than our already basement asking price!!!! HOW'S THAT?!!? Been *WELL PAST* MAD the last couple days. . . .
sad.png
sad.png

The only reason I wanted to wait a full 2 weeks is so the grass can get pretty tall. He mows it down as low as he can, and tries to mow every few days/once a week. I wanted it to grow up, since I was hoping the taller the grass is the more bugs and stuff will be in it. I know chickens are very good at pulling the grass out by the roots, and our current run is almost completely bare. I wanted to extend just the run another 10x25 ft, and the area that I'm planning to extend into has really thick grass. I just really really wish he would listen, just once! The more grass and bugs there are the less feed the chickens will eat and the more money we'll save on feed!!!! But I guess simple math and calculations are too much for him......

Back
Top Bottom