I'm so freakin mad!!! *VENT*

I never interfere between a man and his lawn -- The Great American Lawn is sacred to some.

(How else to explain the excessive time spent trimming it to death?)

* He might have mowed BECAUSE she was asleep. Mine gets like that if I try to kick back and take it easy while he's "doing something", too, sometimes. AND What's up with that???

well i did mow and not out at the bars .....lol
maybe he wanted to mow so the grass wouldnt be so high that he couldnt walk or work around it
yeah THATS IT! thats my story and i'm stickin to it

d.k :

* Lame??? What an excellent idea!! I think I'll lame him good and proper!! Just need to find my possum stick. . . . . . . Now, where DID that stick go?????? "Man-bashing", indeed!! HONESTLY-- What do you expect when men cut down grass they aren't supposed to cut and sell places they aren't supposed to sell, at the wrong heights and wrong prices, anyway?!? I think she's got it-- SOMETHING IS SERIOUSLY WRONG with the math skills of these guys-- at the very least.

yuckyuck.gif
lau.gif

I think I'd be more mad about the house thing!!!! If my hubby sold our house for 40k too little I would be beyond upset....someone would be DYING!!!
I have to admit I don't agree with man-bashing in general, as a rule most of the time I can't stand WOMEN at all (of course, BYCers don't count, I am surprised to say I get along with everyone here LOL!) but there are those moments where the situation calls for it. Like when your 'man' can spend 6 hours playing a video game but can't spend 6 minutes talking to you. Tonight the excuse was he was so worn out from mowing the lawn that he couldn't stay up for 30 minutes and talk.....well, I'm sure you know where that one went: "If you had listened to me and NOT mowed the lawn.....@%@$@%@!" and so on. The reason I can't build the run yet is because I'm planning to cut one side of it down the middle to extend it. The run is 14x25, and I'm gonna cut the 25" side in half to add to the 14" side, that way I don't have to use more fencing than necessary. I don't have enough fencing to just add onto it without opening it up. Oh, and yes, he DID mow because I was asleep!!!!​

Quote:
I would have him mow at the middle height or the "tallest" .... the birds will not touch the long grass but go for the tender new grass shooting up and peck just the tips... if the grass is mowed too short you will indeed get bare patches. Offering them some mealworms in the evening in their run will satisfy to some extent their "craving" for insects and will help them not to tear up the ground digging for insects. (you can also stack some wood and regularly turn that over (for the "rolypolys"/woodlice and that will also help them not to dig up the ground .)

Last edited:
well, I'm sure you know where that one went: "If you had listened to me and NOT mowed the lawn.....@%@$@%@!" and so on.

This is not a personnal attack on you but ladies please answer a question for me. When you want to argue about something as mundane as cutting the grass, what makes you think we (husbands) want to talk to you about anything? People do their best to avoid conflicts, if they don't they need help. So want your husbands to talk to you, stop complaining. Before you open the conversation ask yourselves, would this be considered complaining by a rational person.

Back
Top Bottom