I'm so old I Remember when:

I really want an oxen team - while visiting a friend in Nova Scotia we went to a local Fair and the oxen were beautiful, they had their horns tipped with brass and they hooves we’re shod like a horse’s!

They were calm and serene and patient, and wow could they pull!
I've seen that done at a state Fair in FL. So amazing.

Long ago I flew for the first time on a commercial jet that had 3 seats on one side of the aisle and 2 on the other. A few years ago I heard some one asked how his flight was. He said it was the worst one ever as he had to balance that plane from takeoff to landing and the booze they served came in those tiny bottles.

DH had ox teams, and he was a founding member of the MidWest Ox Drovers Association, based in Michigan, with members all over the country. We have an annual gathering in late June at Tillers near Kalamazoo, Michigan, and there's a website. I've posted him with our last team, long ago.
John & Walker  1999.png

It was at a heritage village, so all dressed for it. His boys weighed in at 2800 pounds each!
Mary

DH had ox teams, and he was a founding member of the MidWest Ox Drovers Association, based in Michigan, with members all over the country. We have an annual gathering in late June at Tillers near Kalamazoo, Michigan, and there's a website. I've posted him with our last team, long ago.
View attachment 3720862
It was at a heritage village, so all dressed for it. His boys weighed in at 2800 pounds each!
Mary
That's really very cool

I remember when winters were COLD & SNOWY! -20 was the norm and 6’ of snow was expected. We would walk on the snow banks that the snow plows push up and we would be almost able to reach the power line.

Thankfully we don’t get hardly any snow now, it’s usually very cold still but not as snowy.

This year we hardly have any snow and it’s been quite mild. I am loving it! I hate winter 🤨

(I know I just jinxed myself)
. . . . .

Your fellow Ontarians do not appreciate this jinx! :lau

Remember going out during a snow storm and helping to push the cars that got stuck? Oh, and grabbing onto bumpers and getting pulled behind the cars/trucks!

Ah, to be young and innocent and able to enjoy winter.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom