I'm tired of living in that show "1800 house" UPDATE: hot water!!

JennsPeeps

Rhymes with 'henn'
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
South Puget Sound
Apparently the goal at our house is to move backwards in time to the days of no central heat and no hot water. Last night we didn't even have running water for a while.

We're now on week 5+ of no central heating in our house, and day 6 of no hot water. The boiler went kaput weeks ago and had to be moved and reconditioned to get it back in safe working order.

To make a long story short, DBF is in the process of:
1. Pulling the boiler out from under the house.
2. Reconditioning it
3. Removing the old water tank
4. Installing a tankless water heater
5. Moving all the requisite plumbing for gas, water, venting, etc.
6. Installing the boiler where the water heater used to be

Right now I have no hot water at my house. DBF said it's not looking good for hot water tonight.

If there's no hot water TONIGHT, I'm staying at a friend's house until it's done. Period. My patience limit has been reached.
hit.gif

ETA - DBF got hot water flowing at 10p on Tuesday evening. He just got his funky-smelling behind out of a much-deserved shower. My funk is going to get washed off in a few.

Last edited:
Bless your soul!!!! you are stronger than I am....I would of flipped out long ago!!
heck my Yukon has been sitting for almost 2 years in the garage needs to be fixed...And I rant on husband every chance I get about getting it done....But nope it hasn't happened...and that's only a vehicle....At least that's paid off and we don't owe on it...

Hope things turn around for the better soon for you....

Bummer! Especially now. Come on down, you can take a hot shower, do some laundry, whatever, and when you get back it'll be done.
hugs.gif

I lived without running water for years, didn't know how much I missed it until I got it! Didn't have central A/C or heat until I was forty something- or a dishwasher. WOW! I sure do appreciate those things now!

You just come on down here, we'll fix you up. BTW, I really do mean it!

wow and i though i was in a bad situation
had been with out water for 4 days.. glad its over with.
and its a hot shower for me..
but i did have enough stored for my flock.
I feel for you.
but you have a keeper ,DBF.

haha! I read it to Jim, he was all, come on, ya cant heat water and just relax with a long hot soak, instead of shower? Then he caught on that it's been that long, so now, he agrees, go do laundry at a friends. lol

I feel for you. I thought we had it bad after Ivan, no power or water (of any temperature) for 80 hours.

Let's see....
I have a temporary sink from the old kitchen in the bathroom.
the hot water is slightly rust colored.
the drains glug, glug, glug because they aren't vented properly.
most of the bedrooms here are stripped of sheetrock.
the windows in those rooms are covered with plastic to keep out the snow and rain.
The windows that have been replaced have no trim around them.
The ceiling fell down in the back bedroom.
the kitchen light is wired with a construction socket.
the baseboard heat units have no cabinets covering them and the ones in the back rooms leak in the basement
the bathroom floor is plywood.
there is only t-111 for siding
only 1/2 of the floors are finished.
I can see into the basement through a couple small holes in the bathroom floor.
My chicken house is sided.
It has electricity
the windows in it are not cracked or broken.
there are no drafts in it.
WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE????
My chickens are better housed than I am!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom