im trying to get some emus but don't know where to get emu

minsin56

Chirping
Oct 2, 2019
texas
my stepdad and i decided i want to get some emus instead of ostriches since they are supposed to be friendlier than ostriches but i cant find much on where to buy some near where i live in the corpus christi area the furthest my stepdad would drive would be 250 miles from corpus christi tx

we have 12 acres land so we have plenty of land for a emu pen

im currently waiting on someone to build the pen for some emus

i have 3 years of experience raising chickens and im currently raising some chicken chicks and 3 hens and a rooster

@Pyxis can possibly ship you some eggs? I don’t know if she ships emu eggs or not but it’s worth asking.
i don't have a big enough incubator to hatch emu eggs mine is only big enough to hatch i could get a bigger incubator but I'm not sure what would be a good budget emu incubator with auto turning do you have any recommendations for incubators?

i don't have a big enough incubator to hatch emu eggs mine is only big enough to hatch i could get a bigger incubator but I'm not sure what would be a good budget emu incubator with auto turning do you have any recommendations for incubators?
She’d have to inform you on that. She may also ship emu chicks. I’m not for sure though.

Hi! Thanks for thinking of me :)

My oldest girl could possibly start laying this year, but as of now she hasn't, and if she did, my male still wouldn't be old enough to fertilize the eggs yet :( So unfortunately, I won't have chicks or eggs this year. Likely I will next year though.

Where are you located? I know of a couple breeders in Texas that would probably have chicks for you.

Hi! Thanks for thinking of me :)

My oldest girl could possibly start laying this year, but as of now she hasn't, and if she did, my male still wouldn't be old enough to fertilize the eggs yet :( So unfortunately, I won't have chicks or eggs this year. Likely I will next year though.

Where are you located? I know of a couple breeders in Texas that would probably have chicks for you.
i'm in the corpus christi area what area are you in?

also sorry for the late reply

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom