Impacted crop to ... doughy or squishy crop?

Pics
My hen. Hope the fungal cream works

Attachments

• 745A8F55-1288-4312-A9F1-54EE5FC3CE9A.jpeg
    745A8F55-1288-4312-A9F1-54EE5FC3CE9A.jpeg
    519.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 6482D963-91AA-40F8-B8B8-3D14C97EF13F.jpeg
    6482D963-91AA-40F8-B8B8-3D14C97EF13F.jpeg
    652 KB · Views: 2
Waiting on a delivery of liquid paraffin. She’s emptying her crop but not it all. Just garlic water natural yogurt and mash at the moment my wife getting Daktarin and some milk cultures today so I’ll try them tomoz.

Priscilla spent about 3 hours ourside with the other chickens. She did a good job getting away from the others, and she got a bath in, they let her into the dust spa.
She got her cream treatment, supper and was ready for her kennel.
Still hopeful for empty crop tomorrow.

Nope, crop still full, a hard ball again.
She still poops, so food is going through, but very slowly.
She still fights being drenched with the cream (Day 3 of Monistat), I take that as a good sign too. As long as she fights, I will fight for her.
She still gets garlic water, yogurt with a tablespoon of feed and vitamins.

A hard small lump seems to be normal in some cases as sour crop treatment has been going on for a few days. Has the liquid in the crop gone away when you make the morning check?

Grit can help with this stubborn lump, and giving a little oil with massage can also help break it up. I like to do this right after the morning check so the crop empties, stimulating appetite. Keeping the patient's strength up is important to fighting the yeast infection.

Thanks for the reply.
The lump was not so small, but not watery feeling. That was early morning. I massaged it and let her walk around to get things moving. She just had water and was put back, then I treated and fed her 2 hours later, and the crop was not as hard then.
I will do the oil again if she gets a hard lump again.
She eats all she wants of the yogurt/feed mash, which is about 2 tablespoons total, twice a day. Outside I saw her pick at grass (not long grass) and bits of little gravel.

I would try some liquid paraffin it will clear everything out of that crop.starvation grit and garlic water has seemed to work for me don’t think I will have to try the liquid paraffin :9). Still not on pellets yet tho it’s was a slow process for me but think Iam in the right track now.

I won’t be able to go anywhere due to possible Covid in my household, so I can’t pick up liquid paraffin.
I will continue with the Monistat treatment.
She was outside and in the barn and seems more accepted by her old friends. At least one good thing.
I massaged her crop after her treatment tonight. It seemed to work. Still hopeful.
I don’t think I want to starve her again. I have done it twice already. Poor thing.

Day 4 of Monistat (halfway point). Still no change. Crop was a hard ball again. I gave her oil first thing and massaged her crop until it felt emptier and mushy, then waited 2 hours. Unfortunately the crop was back to a ball. Massaged again before treatment and brakfast. It is a milder day. She is out with all the other chickens for the day now.

Back
Top Bottom