Impacted crop

Pics

Cinnamon11

Songster
May 18, 2020
California
So I Discovered that I think my chicken has impacted crop based on her symptoms I have another thread going about a hen with coccidus or maybe something worse. I read the article on treating impacted crop but have some questions. So yesterday I gave her cold coconut oil balls and she ate them with a little mush (a mix of wet pellets and oatmeal) to bribe her. After the first time it seemed the problem was solved but her crop soon puffed up and got impacted again! The second time didn’t help much and I tried again today but she barely ate any of it. It didn’t empty overnight and she seems worse than yesterday. Her tail is slightly droopy and she seems a little lethargic however she is still walking around and jumping on things. Should I separate her? Should I be feeding her? How do I get her to eat more coconut oil? I am also treating everyone for coccidus. Her poop doesn’t look good (but no ones does right now). She is an EE named Lilly

Attachments

• 65F0385D-A7BB-4443-990F-9C87F9E8BCFF.jpeg
    65F0385D-A7BB-4443-990F-9C87F9E8BCFF.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 98
  • DFA53C16-BE85-4356-9F08-3789C85871F0.jpeg
    DFA53C16-BE85-4356-9F08-3789C85871F0.jpeg
    910.5 KB · Views: 15
So I Discovered that I think my chicken has impacted crop based on her symptoms I have another thread going about a hen with coccidus or maybe something worse. I read the article on treating impacted crop but have some questions. So yesterday I gave her cold coconut oil balls and she ate them with a little mush (a mix of wet pellets and oatmeal) to bribe her. After the first time it seemed the problem was solved but her crop soon puffed up and got impacted again! The second time didn’t help much and I tried again today but she barely ate any of it. It didn’t empty overnight and she seems worse than yesterday. Her tail is slightly droopy and she seems a little lethargic however she is still walking around and jumping on things. Should I separate her? Should I be feeding her? How do I get her to eat more coconut oil? I am also treating everyone for coccidus. Her poop doesn’t look good (but no ones does right now). She is an EE named Lilly
I am no expert by any means. But since the crop got impacted again, have you considered the possibility of pendulous crop?

The site seems to be having issues with posts. I replied to your other thread last night, but it isn't showing up.

When is the last time she laid an egg?
I would begin treating her for Sour Crop. Follow the article below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
I agree with the site having issues.

If the crop is getting stuck again, then isn't there a chance of it being pendulous crop? Please correct me if I am wrong.

The site seems to be having issues with posts. I replied to your other thread last night, but it isn't showing up.

When is the last time she laid an egg?
I would begin treating her for Sour Crop. Follow the article below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...w-to-know-which-one-youre-dealing-with.73607/
I’m not sure because I have 4 EEs and all of them lay the same color. I will treat for sour crop but I read the article and it sounds more like she has impacted crop because it’s a lot harder and fuller. Thank you

Should I try to give her coconut oil balls again? Should I try to make a chicken bra like the one in the article?

Attachments

• 54C94E4D-5236-4E27-94C9-DF9FE47E87D0.jpeg
    54C94E4D-5236-4E27-94C9-DF9FE47E87D0.jpeg
    909.2 KB · Views: 15

Back
Top Bottom