Impacted nostril??? What in the world is this??? PICS UPDATE post 27

I was afraid to use a warm wet cloth on his nostril but now that I hear some have used this method I am gonna give it a shot because the vasoline hasn't done anything but turn the impaction black in color. It was white yesterday. Grrr I am getting frusterated trying to get this out without hurting him
sad.png

Ok guys I got it out!!!! It looks like a huge chunk of egg yolk! It left a gaping hole where it was sitting but no blood or funky smells! I did feed them hard boiled eggs the other day but how the hell he got it up there is beyond me and why it got soooo darn hard to get out. Weird! It looks like the plug you get out from bumblefoot!

10663_img_8217.jpg

10663_img_8220.jpg

Yeah it is super nasty but it doesn't smell at all so I guess this is a good thing. Should I flush the hole with saline? Pack it with neosporin just to be on the safe side?

Thanks! Yes I was lol. Never a dull moment with 50 chickens running around thats for sure! I am sooo relieved and so is my precious bernie. I will definately be keeping a close eye on him. I have pen G on hand just in case
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom