Impacted nostril??? What in the world is this??? PICS UPDATE post 27

Congratulations! I've been waiting to read what was in there. Poor thing! His nostril is so big now! I'm sure it will go back to normal, but when i saw the picture, i thought he can probably smell really really well now!
big_smile.png

What a great rooster you have!

Hahaha yep they can be worse then kids at times. I am still baffled on how the heck it got lodged up there so far. Aww well he is on the fast road to recovery now
big_smile.png
Yep he probably can smell the flowers for sure now! LOL

Last edited:
Glad you got it out!!
clap.gif
What a trip that it could be egg yolk. I guess he must have bene pecking like crazy to get that yolk and kept shovin' it up in there.
idunno.gif

Nellabean- I am so happy for your rooster! WOW his looked much more severe then bernies. Both had happy endings tho
big_smile.png

When his fell off did it leave a big hole where it was sitting?

Excellent! So glad you got it out! Weird, though.....VERY weird! I just can't imagine it hardening that quickly and distorting his beak in that manner......egg yolk!!!
tongue.png
Who woulda thunk it?

I am too! Just baffled..... Glad he is ok tho. I flushed the area out gently with saline and a syringe. Today his nostril is back to normal and his comb is starting to get back to normal as well. He hasn't skipped a beat. The only area that was super hard was the part you could see, the yolk stuck further up was still soft but so compacted it all came out like a plug once I got the outter edge loosened up. The wet cloth is what helped, the vasoline didn't do much. Very strange indeed
hmm.png

Okay....imagine the scene....he is calmly eating his egg yolks when some hen cackled a funny one-liner and made him totally blow food out his nose! A piece got caught and, as he was running around the coop shouting, "Ooooooooohhh, it burns, it burns!", it dried rather quickly and bondo-ed to his beak!
D.gif

You know you all have squirted food and fluids out yer beak at one time or other in your lives......
big_smile.png
For me it was Oreo cookies and milk....
sickbyc.gif

Back
Top Bottom