In 2009 I incubated about (how many?) eggs.

24 in the incubator and 20 hatched,12 under broodys that I put their and 11 hatched (one died it did not absorb its yoke), and 2 under broodys that I did not put their and 1 hatched.
Total-38

Nine
sad.png
My New Year's resolution is breed chickens and incubate more eggs. I bet my resolution next year will be to stop breeding chickens and to incubate less eggs
roll.png

I hatched 1940 on my last count and have my final 24 eggs in the bator finishing up hatching from 2009.

I have about 180 chicks of various ages in holding pens and brooders around waiting for the spring auction market to heat up around March 1st. I probably hatched out about 400 thru the year that were sold as 6 week old chicks. I use 3 model 1588 Hovabators. Oh, I also have 2 incubators full that will hatch out sometime this month. Chickenplucker

Several hundred............

I probably don't really want to know the actual number.

WE have 200+ in brooders and grow out pens at this time.

I keep saying I am going to shut it down..............

I started in September and I set about 70 eggs total and I have 15 live chicks to show for it. 2 from the 1st batch of 19 shipped silky eggs, 6 about 24 of my own mutt eggs and 7 from a batch of 24 of my mutt eggs. I also set 3 under a broody but none made it. I have been taking a break to let these chicks grow out before I hatch any more. My hatch rate for the last batch wasn't too bad when I take out the double yolkers I set and the clears, only 2 didn't hatch and one died at day 3, so I am ready to buy some more expensive eggs once I sell some of the birds I have or build another coop
smile.png
Happy hatching in 2010
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom