In 2009 I incubated about (how many?) eggs.

Through October when my record keeping fell apart I had hatched about 3200 birds. I didn't quit hatching I just failed to keep accurate records. So figuring in Nov.and Dec. I'm probably pretty close to matching last years 3700 hatches. Quail, guineas, bantam and standard chickens, Heritage turkeys, Khaki Campbell and Muscovy ducks, and Pilgrim geese. The majority of them go to the sale barn to pay the feed bills for the flocks I keep. The flock here now is nearly 200 birds, Its easy to hatch hundreds of eggs when you are producing them yourself rather than having to buy them in and ship them all over the coiuntry.
db

zero
sad.png
But I promise to do better next year since I got an incubator for Christmas and already have eggs in the mail!
big_smile.png

I set 39 chicken eggs, hatched 29 chicks.

I set 59 duck eggs, hatched 22 ducklings. The last couple of batches were complete busts. The drake was molting, and wasn't mating. I tried anyway, under the sad hope that he was secretly mating when I couldn't see it. Yeah, right!
lol.png

I set 17 and got 8 chicks... I'm setting up a breeding pen for Rooster and Prissy, it was her eggs that didn't develop! All my chicks are "Backyard Special Bantams" in different variations of Quail coloring... thanks to Rooster not doing his job with his own breed. Ah well, they sure are cute and have awesome coloring!

Got a late start though, didn't start hatching until October. I'm sure it would have been lot's more if I started early. Last time I had chickens I don't think I shut the incubator down for 2 years besides cleaning. LOL Mine is turned off right now though, it's too cold to make more since they won't have anywhere to go if I keep going! Just one brooder, just one coop... means just one batch at a time.

Oh gosh. I'm not positive on a number because I never keep track.

But probably around 200-400.

I have like 18 chicks to show for it.... lol

Some died some sold.

Of course I set 200-400 eggs. Only probably 100 hatched.

Back
Top Bottom