In case you need a laugh this morning 😆…….

I went out to feed and water my ducks, chickens, and rabbits this morning before work and I heard what I thought was a sickly barking dog in my neighbors yard. As I got closer I realized it was coming from my chicken coop. Yep. I know it happens. I’ve heard about it but had never seen it. MY HEN WAS CROWING😆

Here’s the video it you’d like to see 😄

I went out to feed and water my ducks, chickens, and rabbits this morning before work and I heard what I thought was a sickly barking dog in my neighbors yard. As I got closer I realized it was coming from my chicken coop. Yep. I know it happens. I’ve heard about it but had never seen it. MY HEN WAS CROWING😆

When I have had a crowing hen it seems to stop fairly quickly. They will crow a lot for just a few days and then they give up....thankfully:hmm

Thank you. I can take a photo later. I do have this photo from about a year ago of my four buffs. She’s in there somewhere.

I’m laughing because that’s when I had only four hens. I had some others that were young. Now when you look out in my yard you see 20 hens of various breeds and five ducks😆
sounds like a serious case of "chicken math"....unfortunately, I don't believe there is a cure:idunno

Should start a thread for crowing hens 😂. I have a crowing Polish that crows on the morning she lays. She’s a terrible layer, lsys 2/3 times a week. But when her hormones surge she crows like someone is strangling her, flaps her wings like it took everything in her to belt it out.
Just as well its only 2/3 times a week, you wouldn't want that every day. Not if she sounds like she's being strangled. Bet it takes it out of her all that effort.

Thank you. I can take a photo later. I do have this photo from about a year ago of my four buffs. She’s in there somewhere.

I’m laughing because that’s when I had only four hens. I had some others that were young. Now when you look out in my yard you see 20 hens of various breeds and five ducks😆
Oh chicken math......

I've got a hen who does that periodically. I have only 2 chickens now, and she's the dominant one. It no longer startles me, but it was quite a shock the first time.

Back
Top Bottom