In Need of Adult Cayuga Drake

ckovalch

Hatching
10 Years
Sep 17, 2009
Rosharon TX
Does anyone have an adult Cayuga drake for my female? she needs a mate, or I need to re-home her with other ducks. We have chickens and geese, she gets along well with the chickens but flirts with the goose and the goose pair are biting her backside terribly! We live south of Houston TX. Cindy K.

Can't help you with a drake but
welcome-byc.gif

You might want to also post this in the buy sell other poultry section.

We have 7 cayuga ducks around 4 months old. They are big but not sure if that's considered adult or not. If you can tell the difference as far as the male/female, you're welcome to come look at them and take one or two if you want (free of course). I assume at least 1 of them must be a male. There is a tiny bit of a curl above the tail on 1, so maybe that's a sign it's a boy? I'm sorry I don't know how to tell the difference. We're just 30 min north of Austin, if you'd want to drive that far from Houston to get one. Or maybe if you don't find one closer to you after a few weeks, just let me know by PM and we'll probably still have them at that point. They are free range day and night, so I need to get them a coop made eventually. Right now I'm still working on our chicken coops for night-time, and luckily we don't have predators "yet" (I'm hurrying on the coops since I know that won't last forever!)
Good luck!

I just looked out the window (ducks and turkeys waddling around on the front porch), and it appears at least 2 of the cayuga ducks have little curls on their tails. Is there another way to tell which ones might be males?

Back
Top Bottom