In search of….

I ordered 4, but told hubby I ordered 3 and that the hatcheries often add extras. That's when I knew I had a problem. Then 5. Now just 6, but I'm in the works to get a 7th. I want more, but I'm also battling other addictions: chickenholicism and goataholicism.

It really all started with the chickens. They're the gateway.
Agreed!!! I have 18, 11 week old chickens and ordered 5 more and got 6. They are now 3 weeks old.

This is good therapy. Knowing we aren’t the only crazy ones in the world! 😁😜

My husband wants Moo-Moo’s. He has NO IDEA what kind of a hot mess he will get us into if he does that. I LOVE me some cows. And they wouldnt be able to be butchered, or I can’t know about it. Good luck to him with that. They would have to go to auction. And I will cry like a baby! And I side note, yes cows are Moo-Moos to me. And I am not a kid 😂

Agreed!!! I have 18, 11 week old chickens and ordered 5 more and got 6. They are now 3 weeks old.

This is good therapy. Knowing we aren’t the only crazy ones in the world! 😁😜

My husband wants Moo-Moo’s. He has NO IDEA what kind of a hot mess he will get us into if he does that. I LOVE me some cows. And they wouldnt be able to be butchered, or I can’t know about it. Good luck to him with that. They would have to go to auction. And I will cry like a baby! And I side note, yes cows are Moo-Moos to me. And I am not a kid 😂
Just remember, moo-moos are a lot of work, and if you want milk, they have to be bred each year.

My daughter and I have decided goats would be easier. (warning: in a few years, the property will be taken over by ducks and goats!)

Just remember, moo-moos are a lot of work, and if you want milk, they have to be bred each year.

My daughter and I have decided goats would be easier. (warning: in a few years, the property will be taken over by ducks and goats!)
I’m trying to keep him from getting Moo-Moos because they are a lot of work and have a lot more of a smell. I can deal with it but he likes to grill out and I’m not sure the smell will be appitizing 🤢🤢. They are cute as buttons but I would rather go see someone else’s moo-moos

Well, my heart is heavy and my stomach is turned upside down. I am so sad and heartbroken. My dog, the only one to really like me, killed ALL my ducks and my 3 week baby chickens. We cleaned up everything we could, and took the dog to the pound. 😭😭 I loved that dog but the moment I seen what she did to my little helpless babies, I knew she had to go. She has tried to get to my older chickens a few times and has been running off more. I just can’t keep a pet that is willing to do what she did to them. It was horrific and terrible. We made it with the older 18 chickens without any problems. The 3 week old chickens did ok obviously until the ducks. This husky spared nothing and just destroyed the babies like they were nothing. After her getting a taste of them we also knew our animals outside were no longer safe. I hated to have to get rid of her but I couldn’t look at her or touch her after that. I would never be able to look at her the same.

I don’t know how to deal with this. It would have been horrible if a raccoon did something like this but to have a beloved pet do this, is killing me.

Well, my heart is heavy and my stomach is turned upside down. I am so sad and heartbroken. My dog, the only one to really like me, killed ALL my ducks and my 3 week baby chickens. We cleaned up everything we could, and took the dog to the pound. 😭😭 I loved that dog but the moment I seen what she did to my little helpless babies, I knew she had to go. She has tried to get to my older chickens a few times and has been running off more. I just can’t keep a pet that is willing to do what she did to them. It was horrific and terrible. We made it with the older 18 chickens without any problems. The 3 week old chickens did ok obviously until the ducks. This husky spared nothing and just destroyed the babies like they were nothing. After her getting a taste of them we also knew our animals outside were no longer safe. I hated to have to get rid of her but I couldn’t look at her or touch her after that. I would never be able to look at her the same.

I don’t know how to deal with this. It would have been horrible if a raccoon did something like this but to have a beloved pet do this, is killing me.
Oh my god. I am SO SO SO sorry. I am not even sure what to say. I am crying for you and your babies. And for your Husky who has no idea what she did wrong.

What an awful tragedy....
:hugs

Oh my god. I am SO SO SO sorry. I am not even sure what to say. I am crying for you and your babies. And for your Husky who has no idea what she did wrong.

What an awful tragedy....
:hugs
She was just doing what she would do. But I can’t do it. I can’t keep her because it would be unfair to her. I wouldn’t love her like I normally do. All I would see is what she did. And it wasn’t like myself and husband only seen it. But my kids did too. They seen her with a duck in her mouth. I consoled them for hours.

Back
Top Bottom