In your opinions...which is the most friendly breed?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by donnap1967, Apr 5, 2008.

1. donnap1967

donnap1967 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Just curious. I know they are all cute and sweet in their own way.

Just wondering what some of you think in your experience was a friendly breed.

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

My Marans and BLRW are my most friendly.

3. speedabug

speedabug Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2008
    I would have to say Dominics [sorry for the spelling] the are so friendly mine follow me everywhere.

4. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    Of the chickens I have (Leghorns, SS Hamburg, RIR, Australorp and Red Sex-link) my sex-link and Australorps are the friendliest.

However, none of mine aren't friendly - the others just don't come up to my feet as often to get attention.

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    My buff orps are my friendliest breed here. If you're not careful you'll be tripping over them the whole day long. They are constantly under your feet looking for a snuggle and pecking at your pants legs for you to bend down and pay them attention. LOL I love em. [​IMG]

Jody

6. yankeemtfarm

yankeemtfarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 13, 2007
    Gettysburg,Pa
    My white rocks and barred rocks are the most friendly.

7. RebelsHope

RebelsHope Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2007
    wisconsin
    My Barred Rocks are also the friendliest. Take treats right out of my hand. Sometime take treats out of my hands when I don't have treats. . . that kind of hurts. [​IMG]

8. digitS'

digitS' Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2007
    ID/WA border
    Some breeds can be docile and quiet and still kind of distant, if that makes sense? I like the Brahmas but they have been like that.

On the other hand, the Australorps have always liked me . . . what can I say . . . [​IMG]

Steve

9. KingsCalls

KingsCalls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2007
    New Market,Tn.
    My vote is for orpingtons and cochins.

10. tnkinhunting

tnkinhunting Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2008
    East Tennessee
    My buff orp's were very friendly - grab your pants leg or shoe laces - but my OEGB start singing as soon as I come in the barn. My blue splash hen sings even after I feed her, she likes to be petted! I wonder if she will be that friendly after she goes broody, she has seven eggs now, so I expect her to begin setting any day.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by