They will hatch on Sunday day, it usually takes 21 days for them to hatch.

Update. 2 healthy baby chicks hatched unassisted. A grey *boy and a white*girl. I'm pretty sure those are the genders, because the grey one seems to have a long neck and is standing more upright and has a big (fluffy tall like head)than the girl and is a bit bigger. The other one is smaller and more crouched down and doesnt have an fluffy head. Do you think I'm right? Or is there a chance they are both hens. I live in an area where you're only allowed 3 chickens and no roosters. I do not want to give away my rooster, so can I make him quiet some how so he doesn't wake up all my neighbors that live fence to fence from me (backyard neighbors). And yes I know I will have to keep the hen and roo separate most times.

JPEG_20171209_061705_447865078.jpg

Can I use a 60 watt light bulb that hangs less than 10 inches from box? I have a 250 watt but even from far away it makes my room hot.

:celebrate congrats!
You showed great patience. it's hard, but isn't it amazing that they just know what to do?!

these are silkies, right? Hardest chicks to judge gender.

You can try the bulb. pay attention to the chicks, you will know if they are too cold or too warm. Give them an area away from the heat, and see if they huddle as close to the heat as they can get. If so, they aren't warm enough.

oh, you can move them out of the incubator whenever you are ready!

Back
Top Bottom