Incubating eggs to hatch about August 8th

I'm down to only one egg because my dog knocked the incubator off the table while I was out at my college.
sad.png
Oh nooooo!!!!
hit.gif
I am so sorry!
hugs.gif
That egg is gonna be one special hatch
love.gif

Second pip! Do they count as pips if they are just dents and not a hole? My first one has gotten a bigger dent. Wish I didn't have to go to work.
he.gif
. My kids will get to watch hatch TV allday.

@Alaskan, I know combs are a problem with cold and frost bite but are feather feet an issue?

Yay!

I can see from here you have a BAD case of the FLU!!

Stay home. I can send you a phony Doctors slip from a phony Doctor. Good luck on the hatch, try to keep yourself hydrated during the hatch,

it is so easy to forget to drink and eat during it.

x2 on the flu and the hydrating!!! =D
@duluthralphie , brilliant idea!!! ;-)

LOL....heard that hatching flu is going around... REALLY contagious and the responsible thing to do I'd not expose your coworkers
wink.png

Absolutely right! =)

The fluffy feet pick up mud then freeze, or wet snow, then freeze.

It just makes me worry. I actually have three standard sized Cochins right now, and their feet are fine, and the d'uccle feet are fine too......but they make me stress.

I would prefer to NOT be worried about chicken feet.
I think that choosing weather-appropriate chicken breeds is responsible. =)
Can I have the girls??? I have a standard cockerel...I can't make up my mind whether to have Cochins or not; I lost the other three and I think they were girls. =(
I'd like that too, but DH is sure that it won't happen, so he "lets" (encourages) me to scratch when the hatching itch starts up......

Ah,
big_smile.png
i worry about everything!

Me too! Birds of a feather...

YAY...
wee.gif
At least you are getting updates and will be home soon!!!!!!

CANDLE DAY....
yesss.gif
just need dark
roll.png
waiting........waiting..........waiting
barnie.gif

Wait, what? We're candling today???
I'm supposed to lockdown tomorrow, but I guess I can candle tonight instead of waiting.....
thumbsup.gif

This is what DS is going to look like when I tell him we're candling a day early:
ya.gif

Yes, but my updates say nothing else is happening.
sad.png
Worry, worry worry.
sickbyc.gif

Yep, will candle my big baatch tonight and lock it down in the other bator.
thumbsup.gif

hubby looked at them for the first time today and nearly choaked. He didn't realize how many I had set.
hide.gif

Oh, kids don't know what they're talking about.....it's not really nothing, per se..... Oh, just please don't worry yourself
sickbyc.gif

I'm candling too then!!!!!
wee.gif

Hehehe. Mine was kind of ??? a little ... hmmm surprised, we'll call it surprised, when he found out that I set eggs and then we didn't have enough for the weekend.
hide.gif

oooops! Somehow the eggs in those bators just seem to multiply
idunno.gif
My hubby did the same thing this weekend
gig.gif
I keep talking about the eggs in the numbers I think will hatch...LOL and not ALL the eggs
tongue.png

I hatch such small numbers, that wouldn't work for me.
tongue.gif
I always expect "all" of them to hatch.

1st one out! Hatched right before I got home. 1 mo zippin, 1 more pip.

This little one looks black on top with blond wing tips and chest..
yesss.gif

5 out of the 7 Guineas are now pipped, my Guineas eggs generally hatch at 25/26 days vs the stated 28 so they are right schedule even though they were technically set for hatch on the 8th...
celebrate.gif

WOOOHOO!!! So my crazy hatch with my broody Peep...who's eggs were not supposed to hatch until next week according to person I got eggs from...got up super fast to take a poop break and I peeked at the eggs in her nest. Egg #2 is zipping out now!!!!!!
wee.gif
So excited!!!! I was so worried my poor little broody was going sit until next week on eggs while trying to care for her one chick that hatched. Hopefully baby #2 by tonight
fl.gif

ya.gif

I'm down to only one egg because my dog knocked the incubator off the table while I was out at my college.
sad.png
hugs.gif
I'm so sorry!!! Maybe you can set some more?

I'm candling too then!!!!!
wee.gif

Hehehe. Mine was kind of ??? a little ... hmmm surprised, we'll call it surprised, when he found out that I set eggs and then we didn't have enough for the weekend.
hide.gif

LOL...sorry hubby...no egg breakfast for you
idunno.gif
Hehe...we have bantam eggs and it takes 3 just to make one breakfast! If I were using my hens eggs to hatch(we can't have a Roo)...hubby would never have fresh eggs again..LOL
lau.gif

Weren't we candling today since tomorrow is lockdown??? Or are we candling on lockdown day???? I am very confused now...LOL
tongue.png
darn eggs hatching early and off time have me all mixed up
he.gif

I usually candle on the night of day 18, turn until I candle, and then stop turning after I candle. That's the hardest part......
Mine are on day 17 today. IDK how I'm "supposed" to do it.
How do you want to do it?
I can candle tonight and either turn or not tomorrow; I don't think that one day is going to make much difference. Right?

I usually candle on the night of day 18, turn until I candle, and then stop turning after I candle. That's the hardest part......
Mine are on day 17 today. IDK how I'm "supposed" to do it.
How do you want to do it?
I can candle tonight and either turn or not tomorrow; I don't think that one day is going to make much difference. Right?
Well I am definitely no expert here but I usually candle the night of day 17...then stop turning, touching as of day 18...so I say we do it tonight!!!!
ya.gif
Do you mark anything when you candle before lockdown? I have seen people mark air cells but I never have. I am still learning so until now my candle experience has been...

1st candle...somethings in there!
2nd candle...definitely growing!!!
3rd candle...looking crowded in that egg and ready to bust out!!!!

And looking for aircells in correct location and size

LOL...completely scientific ya know
wink.png

Thanks y'all for the sympathy. I have a lot more eggs set in the incubator or going to be in the incubator soon. It is just upsetting because my hatch for the 8/2 went very poorly and I only have one chick from 18 but she even might not make it so this is just frustrating.

Back
Top Bottom