incubating eggs

You want to run your incubator for a couple days to make sure the temp stays the same. As for the eggs I mark them and turn them once a day and out of 12 eggs I will have 9 or 10 hatch out and 2 or 3 that were early quitters which is not a turning problem. Every time I turn them I use a spray bottle and mist them then close it back up.

I put eggs from our flock in the incubator tonight. This is our first time to incubate eggs...I'm already impatient!! From Southeast Ohio.

Do I have to turn them if the incubator turns them from side to side? Why do you mist them with water?

sorry I havent posted in a while but all my eggs got ruend by the bator so I will wait to put some in later good luck every one with your hatch I cant wait to see more pics

B]
Our first try at hatching our own eggs.

I went and picked up my fertilized eggs today. I have heard that you have to wait 12-24 hours before "setting" them after you bring them home? Is this true? I would like to put them in right NOW and get this show on the ROAD!

I went and picked up my fertilized eggs today. I have heard that you have to wait 12-24 hours before "setting" them after you bring them home? Is this true? I would like to put them in right NOW and get this show on the ROAD!

You should let them sit 24 hours to settle and let the air cells get into alignment so to speak. This will give you a better hatch rate. Just let them sit overnight and put them in in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom