incubating eggs

You should let them sit 24 hours to settle and let the air cells get into alignment so to speak. This will give you a better hatch rate. Just let them sit overnight and put them in in the morning!

I could only let them rest about 10 hours after bringing them home. I had to leave real early this morning so couldn't put them in in the a.m. So...got them at 11:00a.m.....put them in incubator at 9:00 p.m.
We'll see how we do. I have a Little Giant Incubator and I'm having difficulty maintaining humidity and temperature!!! I had it pretty well on it's way, but now that the eggs are in, it seems to be going whacko.
I've read as many posts about Little Giant Incubator tricks and tips and yet, I'm still all over the place. I now have three thermometers in there to try and figure out where I am.

I could only let them rest about 10 hours after bringing them home.  I had to leave real early this morning so couldn't put them in in the a.m.  So...got them at 11:00a.m.....put them in incubator at 9:00 p.m. 
We'll see how we do.  I have a Little Giant Incubator and I'm having difficulty  maintaining humidity and temperature!!!  I had it pretty well on it's way, but now that the eggs are in, it seems to be going whacko. 
I've read as many posts about Little Giant Incubator tricks and tips and yet, I'm still all over the place.  I now have three thermometers in there to try and figure out where I am.

I couldn't ever get mine stabilized i used it once that was it

I couldn't ever get mine stabilized i used it once that was it

McPherson, what kind of incubator did you go to then? I'm tempted to send this one back, but I have a dozen olive egger eggs in there! Did you ever have any luck getting anything to hatch in it?

Hi All,

I have dug around and can't find out how to place the eggs into my incubator (Brinsea 20 Advance.) I'm assuming they go in pointy side down? The incubator self-turns so that is taken care of, I just want to make sure the eggs are in the correct position.

Thanks in advance,
Kit

Hello everyone, KWS here.

Just got my Hoverbator with a circulating fan installed and got it set up.

My question is does anyone know where to find a guide as too what Temp's and Humidity you need to keep your bator at.

I've heard 98 - 100.5, but it seems no one talks about humidity. I've also heard 99.2 - 99.8 is the best for chickens. I'll hopefully in the near future I'll be trying ducks and geese. So ...

This will be my first attempt at hatching my own so I'm looking for some help.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Hey everyone, got some good news;

Wasn't real sure what I was doing when I placed my seven eggs in the Hova-bator back on the 19 of Oct, wasn't even sure if my Roo's were old enough to do their duty.

BUT........

this morning at 05:45 am I checked the bator and heard chirping coming from the unit. OH and so did our cat, she was a stead fast sentry.

Two chicks had hatched just shortly before I got out of bed, one was still pretty wet, while the other was about half dried.

At 07:35 another came popping out, and then sometime while we were shopping approx. 1300 the fourth tumbled out of her shell.

I have one Barred Rock egg still in the bator but it's not looking good. I'll give it till sometime late tomorrow and if still nothing I'll shut it down.

4 chicks out of seven eggs, so I guess that's a decent percentage.

Back
Top Bottom