Incubating Lavender Ameraucanas Dry Hatch or No?

Pics
My girls and my two early birds that hatched 3 days early🥰
Seven have hatched now. I believe Cochin Bantams. They all have fuzzy feet😌 Your babies are so so adorable. I just love them all. I tell my friends about you hatching the grocery store eggs and everyone gets a kick out of that! Lavinmybasket! How are your colorful eggs doing? Let us know☺️

So sorry to hear about your hatch rate :(
Happy to hear about the new set. Marans are REALLY hard to see into, so you have to base it on faith! You can try lighting from both ends (candler on top and phone or other flashlight on bottom). Usually requires another set of hands! Keep us posted!:)
Thank you! I will try that, I could only tell one for sure!

Lavinmybasket! Waiting in suspense to know if there really is Lav in your basket?!!!
We candled all the eggs last night. We have had quite a few rings of death. I need to look this up and see what causes it. We are down to 1 of 6 lavs at this point due to a couple underutilized & 3 death rings ☹️. No lav Orpington, or Isbar for the same reason. The olive riggers are hard to candle, but the is one very strong that moves all around & some that I’m not sure of. The Mayans look unfertilized except for 1. It does look like we will get something this time at least!

Its day 26, not looking good☹ Not sure what went wrong but, I just ordered some more eggs this morning. Watch all of my eggs be hatched when I get home from work today!🤣 Post pics of yours when you hatch! Not sure if I should make humidity changes or not...floated between 45-47 then 65-68 in lockdown. Temp stayed stable at 99.5 whole time. I only candled at seven days because I did not want to disrupt more than I had to. I can see large air cell and eggs are very dark inside with my bright led flashlight and slight movements.
Try cracking the eggs open to see if anything developed, then let us know back on here how that went

Back
Top Bottom