Incubating Marans eggs… humidity question

CG Farm

Hatching
Apr 23, 2023
Looking for info on what humidity to run for hatching Marans. The ones I’m putting on today are Golden Cuckoo so not super dark. I had Marans around 10 years ago and never had the hatch rates I did with my other breeds. I’ve researched a little and saw where people run their incubator dry for first 14 days and then I’ve read where people said treat them just like other eggs.

Right now running dry my incubator is sitting at 23% humidity.

Would love your advice

Looking for info on what humidity to run for hatching Marans. The ones I’m putting on today are Golden Cuckoo so not super dark. I had Marans around 10 years ago and never had the hatch rates I did with my other breeds. I’ve researched a little and saw where people run their incubator dry for first 14 days and then I’ve read where people said treat them just like other eggs.

Right now running dry my incubator is sitting at 23% humidity.

Would love your advice
I would think that that humidity would be fine.
I do think that Marans hatch better at lower humidity.
In my cabinet incubator I have it at 50% humidity and they hatch ok, but when I hatch them in smaller incubators at 30% humidity usually they all hatch.

Although I have not hatched pure Marans (my rooster was infertile), I got a Cream Crested Legbar and he gets the job done! I have hatched over 50 olive eggers this year. My hens are BCM and lay nice dark eggs. I have included them in the incubator with Brahma and EE eggs and have not noticed any difference in hatch rates. I usually average a humidity of 40-50% and then bump up to 60-65% at lock down. I use NR360 incubator.

Back
Top Bottom