Incubating quail eggs

Out of the hundreds of quail I hatched i never saw that. Thats pretty awesome but may end up bad I dunno never been in that situation. I guess all you can do is let it ride and see if it works out?

So Wednesday was day 18 and I candled all my eggs and my one quail egg has 2 babies in it what should I do.
I have heard of very rare instances where one or even both have hatched, but I have heard of far more that don't. Most likely, one will die and that will cause enough problems that the other does too.

So today is hatch day the eggs are all rolling around the humidities 74% and there is condensation on the top of the incubator how do I get the condensation to get off the top of the incubator because I know it can mess the incubator up

I had a double yolker still moving on like day 18 or 19, but one had died. It looked like there were still active veins and it hadn’t drawn down enough. I left it overnight, and the live one had stopped moving. I opened the egg and there was a dead fully formed but small chick and glob of bloody goo and slime.

I have a hen that lays 2-3 double yolkers per week and I always incubate them hoping for identical twins, but none have hatched so far, almost all develop well until I candle at 9 days, but most are not moving by the time I lock down.

So today is hatch day the eggs are all rolling around the humidities 74% and there is condensation on the top of the incubator how do I get the condensation to get off the top of the incubator because I know it can mess the incubator up
74% humidity is way too high for coturnix eggs. It's a bit high for buttons, even. Try opening the incubator for a second or two at a time to lower humidity quickly, then reduce the surface area of whatever you're using to add humidity.

There are these red plugs on the top of the incubator and I pulled one out and the humidity dropped down to 54% then I put it back in and the incubator was fine

Back
Top Bottom