Incubating Quail eggs

Asewall

In the Brooder
Apr 15, 2022
Hello everyone. This is my first time attempting to incubate quail eggs. My quail are almost 7 weeks and the female started laying eggs. She’s in with males so I’m curious if the first eggs when this young are usually fertile? Or if I have to just wait and see? I’m keeping them room temperature and collecting for 2 weeks then will start to incubate. Is this the right way to go about it? Also best temps and humidity from people who’ve done this before would be appreciated. Like I said I’m new so I’ll take any input anyone has.

Hello everyone. This is my first time attempting to incubate quail eggs. My quail are almost 7 weeks and the female started laying eggs. She’s in with males so I’m curious if the first eggs when this young are usually fertile? Or if I have to just wait and see? I’m keeping them room temperature and collecting for 2 weeks then will start to incubate. Is this the right way to go about it? Also best temps and humidity from people who’ve done this before would be appreciated. Like I said I’m new so I’ll take any input anyone has.
For optimal fertility, I would start collecting around a week after first laying and set after collecting for 10 days

We tried hatching the very first eggs that our quail laid as an experiment and only had 5 out of 20 hatch and 4 survived. I agree with what the others are saying that it would be best to wait atleast a week after they start laying eggs to collect them to hatch. The birds will be more mature and there should be less bad eggs.

Back
Top Bottom