Incubating Silkie Eggs

ellasflock

In the Brooder
Jan 17, 2021
Hi Everyone, so I am hatching some Silkie eggs in my new incubator and I would just like some advice on what temperature and humidity to keep them at for a 100% hatch rate as I know they are all fertile. I have gone onto several websites that have all said different things. So if anyone has has hatched silkies before then let me know how you did it!
Thanks 😊

Hi Everyone, so I am hatching some Silkie eggs in my new incubator and I would just like some advice on what temperature and humidity to keep them at for a 100% hatch rate as I know they are all fertile. I have gone onto several websites that have all said different things. So if anyone has has hatched silkies before then let me know how you did it!
Thanks 😊
members.jpg

I hatch silkies at a temperature range of 98.5°F - 97.5°F. They all hatch at the regular hatching day of day 21. I always keep my humidity around 35% - 45% from day 1, until day 18, then I boost the humidity to 55% - 65% for them to hatch without a problem.

Other breeds I hatch around at 100.0°F - 99.5°F - 98.5°F. My Orpingtons for some reason always hatch at days 22 - 25, even under broodies.

That’s great thank you! My Humidity controller hasn’t arrived yet, so do you know how much water I should put in my water tray to achieve 40% humidity, just until my humidity controller comes?

That’s great thank you! My Humidity controller hasn’t arrived yet, so do you know how much water I should put in my water tray to achieve 40% humidity, just until my humidity controller comes?
In a really good incubator it shouldn't take a lot of water to get the humidity to 40%, or a little higher.

Back
Top Bottom