Poultry keeper12

Songster
Mar 27, 2018
Last year I started hatching chicks, and I did three batches. The first batch I put in about 30 eggs and got 2 chicks. The second batch I put in 21 eggs and got 1 chick ( Which was deformed ) And the last batch I did I put in 25 eggs and got 3 chicks. What happend? Did I do something wrong? The odd thing about this is that when I was incubating, each day. I would see movement in the eggs ( from day 7-20) and when hatching day came I got nothing from them. Thanks

You did something wrong but you didn't know it.
Have you calibrated your thermometer and hygrometer or use a guaranteed accurate thermometer? That is the first place I would look. Were any that hatched each time either early or late from the 21 day mark?
Did you turn the eggs religiously from the time you collected them at least 3 times a day?
Did you boost the nutrition of your breeders a couple weeks before collecting eggs for hatching?

what incubator are you using?
what was the temperature and humidity level? before and after lockdown?
are you using a separate hygrometer and thermometer?
were eggs shipped or from your clock?

Last year I started hatching chicks, and I did three batches. The first batch I put in about 30 eggs and got 2 chicks. The second batch I put in 21 eggs and got 1 chick ( Which was deformed ) And the last batch I did I put in 25 eggs and got 3 chicks. What happend? Did I do something wrong? The odd thing about this is that when I was incubating, each day. I would see movement in the eggs ( from day 7-20) and when hatching day came I got nothing from them. Thanks
@casportpony
Make sure the temperature stays at a steady 95.5 Fehrenhiet or 35.27778 Celsius and the humidity stays in between 30%-50% during the incubation process and 60%-80% during lockdown (last 3 days of incubation process). You might have a rooster that doesn’t mate much either. Other than that I wouldn’t know what else.

I would lower the temp during lockdown. At this point in stage, they don't really need to keep brewing as they are already form and ready to pop out of shell. Less heat will help them too while they work hard at getting out of shell and not having to feel like they are in an oven.

@casportpony
Make sure the temperature stays at a steady 95.5 Fehrenhiet or 35.27778 Celsius and the humidity stays in between 30%-50% during the incubation process and 60%-80% during lockdown (last 3 days of incubation process). You might have a rooster that doesn’t mate much either. Other than that I wouldn’t know what else.
Hello, Yes I keep my humidity and temperature perfectly. My humidity is at a steady 45-55% and I do what my incubator instructions say, it says, "Keep the temperature at 99.5 to 100.0 Fahrenheit is this correct?

If your are hatching chicken eggs it should be from 99.3 to 99.6
Also do you stop rotating them 2 days before expecting hatching
Or does your incubator
Also the humidity should be higher during hatching

Or does your incubator

Or does your incubator