INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone... I have 4 eggs still in the incubator. All the other chicks hatched yesterday. Except I think three died during lockdown. No internal pip, no movement during candle..... I have a Silkie who has been trying to pip for about 14 hours now. She's trying, I can hear her peeping and pecking! Just no pip! I'm worried the shell may be too thick to pip.... Should I make an artificial pip to help her? I wouldn't ever unzip. Just maybe help her get the pip. She just keeps peeping louder as time passes. The egg is rockin and rolling around. She just can't seem to get through the shell.

Quote:
and butter
lau.gif

Hey everyone... I have 4 eggs still in the incubator. All the other chicks hatched yesterday. Except I think three died during lockdown. No internal pip, no movement during candle..... I have a Silkie who has been trying to pip for about 14 hours now. She's trying, I can hear her peeping and pecking! Just no pip! I'm worried the shell may be too thick to pip.... Should I make an artificial pip to help her? I wouldn't ever unzip. Just maybe help her get the pip. She just keeps peeping louder as time passes. The egg is rockin and rolling around. She just can't seem to get through the shell.
there is no external pip laney? you can make a tiny hole just above where you candle that beak of hers, try a sterile wood screw and gentle so you dont crush the dry shell. just a tiny tiny hole then let her rest. you have the assist article to guide you should you think she needs intervention, your really the only one that knows whats going on with that bator and the other issues you had, if you STOP when you see blood and let her rest she will get out most times if she is pipped, otherwise wait until those veins recede. she wont absorb until then.... never assist at the outer shell, below the air cell line!!

there is no external pip laney? you can make a tiny hole just above where you candle that beak of hers, try a sterile wood screw and gentle so you dont crush the dry shell. just a tiny tiny hole then let her rest. you have the assist article to guide you should you think she needs intervention, your really the only one that knows whats going on with that bator and the other issues you had, if you STOP when you see blood and let her rest she will get out most times if she is pipped, otherwise wait until those veins recede. she wont absorb until then.... never assist at the outer shell, below the air cell line!!

any thing sharp will do don't use a push scratch the pip in the shell. scratch across a pin hole will be plenty and then wait a good while before a full assists .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom