INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good night all.
hugs.gif
night sweets!

@casportpony
@Sally Sunshine

My 2 chickens nostrils seem much cleaner, but now the cockerel has bubbles in one eye. Can bacterial infections from dust or DE cause this, or is this a sure sign of a contagious chicken virus? The boy at least will be going to the vet next week, I'm just upset from these two possibly being carriers of something and the loss of the phoenix egg.....

hit.gif
oh saris, I was afraid of this.
hugs.gif
that is probably a virus, meds wont help, but some will help prevent pneumonia but remember when giving any antibodics also probiotics. I dont want to start in on this, but you are learning a good lesson as to my reasoning to never buy anything but eggs and chicks from tested flocks. This stuff never leaves a bird, their sickness comes out when they get stressed, and shipping brought that stress on, either the birds carried it, or else they got it in contact from being shipped with other bids etc. They do have special boxes I think that one may be able to buy to prevent disease during transportation. they have a special lining in them, but I am sure costly. I am not sure what to tell you.

here are your links that Kat suggested meds:
Tetroxy 343 work for a roo who has a runny nose? SARIS ROO: runny nose 4 days, Begins post #32351 post #32355 Roo pics post #32391 post #32406 post #35533

Baytril for Birds discussions: kathys example treatment post #30409 Enrofloxacin generic and dosages begin post #30424 post #30493

Baytril is a powerful antibiotic that is effective for a large number of bacterial & mycoplasmal infections, including pasteurellosis, mycoplasmosis, coli-bacillosis, coli-septicaemia and salmonellosis. Baytril is the brand name for Enrofloxacin, which is a powerful bactericidal medicine in the Fluoroquinolone class.
Treating Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD) https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart/baytril-for-birds

Tylan CRD indications and dosage post #30412 http://www.elanco.us/products-services/poultry/water-soluble-crd-control.aspx

Poultry Body Weights average body weights of various exhibition poultry. https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-body-weights

Last edited:
It has been like this for 7 hrs. now. She pushes and peeps but has made no more progress
open that up and get her out!! a zip should only take an hour!

I will post more in a minute!!!! get it out now!
A ZIP should only take a few minutes to an HOUR... are you sure its zipping? if it is get it out, zipping like a zipper??????????????

A PIP IS NOT A ZIP!

A ZIP IS FINAL QUICK LESS THAN HOUR PHASE THE CHICKEN GETS OUT! LIKE A ZIPPER
LL
=
zipper.jpg

Last edited:
hugs.gif
night sweets!

oh saris, I was afraid of this.
hugs.gif
that is probably a virus, meds wont help, but some will help prevent pneumonia but remember when giving any antibodics also probiotics. I dont want to start in on this, but you are learning a good lesson as to my reasoning to never buy anything but eggs and chicks from tested flocks. This stuff never leaves a bird, their sickness comes out when they get stressed, and shipping brought that, or else they got it in contact from being shipped with other bids etc. They do have special boxes I think that one may be able to buy to prevent disease during transportation. they have a special lining in them, but I am sure costly. I am not sure what to tell you.

here are your links that Kat suggested meds:
Tetroxy 343 work for a roo who has a runny nose? SARIS ROO: runny nose 4 days, Begins post #32351 post #32355 Roo pics post #32391 post #32406 post #35533

Baytril for Birds discussions: kathys example treatment post #30409 Enrofloxacin generic and dosages begin post #30424 post #30493

Baytril is a powerful antibiotic that is effective for a large number of bacterial & mycoplasmal infections, including pasteurellosis, mycoplasmosis, coli-bacillosis, coli-septicaemia and salmonellosis. Baytril is the brand name for Enrofloxacin, which is a powerful bactericidal medicine in the Fluoroquinolone class.
Treating Chronic Respiratory Disease (CRD) https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/medicine-chart/baytril-for-birds

Tylan CRD indications and dosage post #30412 http://www.elanco.us/products-services/poultry/water-soluble-crd-control.aspx

Poultry Body Weights average body weights of various exhibition poultry. https://sites.google.com/a/poultrypedia.com/poultrypedia/poultry-body-weights

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I got these two from a BYC user who is NPIP certified, so I trusted them to not send sick or contaminated birds. I will still go to the vet and double check everything before I message them. I am so upset! These two were the only older birds I was planning on bringing in from far away since they could give me exactly the babies I wanted. I am sad and ****** all at the same time.

Last edited:
Quote:

hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
I got these two from a BYC user, so I trusted them to not send sick or contaminated birds. I will still go to the vet and double check everything before I message them. I am so upset! These two were the only older birds I was planning on bringing in from far away since they could give me exactly the babies I wanted. I am sad and ****** all at the same time.
I cant place blame here sweets, like I said they had been shipped too, and I have no clue how live critters get shipped, probably next door to other birds too. some stuff spreads in the air for miles too!
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
I am sorry, not sure what you have going on, chickens are a pain in the butt with illnesses and stuff, thats why there are so many threads going, and the only way to be sure is to get them tested. Kat knows more about this than anyone, some say viral illness is everywhere in everyflock, and some say mareks is as well, I havent a clue!

Last edited:
I took this piece off and she pushed right out

Yes, good that you did. I waited too long on one of my last ones. It had problems with one of it's legs for waiting too long..wouldn't/couldn't stand. :/ Hope all is well with this little one. Post a photo when fluffed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom