INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any frozen eggs I get (and there are really very few as I'm always checking and gathering) get scrambled up and fed back to the flock. They'll get 1 frozen egg, 1 that looked funky inside, scrambled with some pizza and a few soggy strawberries this morning. They're gonna love that.
Wow... I'm getting hungry. What time will you feed your chickens? I love breakfast pizza,and strawberries, so I want to be there for that!!!
droolin.gif

Happy New Year!!!

All 5 of the Seramas hatched in the mind reader bator today without any problems!

clap.gif
awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And good morning!!! Congrats to everyone that has new babies this morning!!!
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

I had to get some sleep, but woke up at 1am to find 3 fresh, wet chicks and another completely zipped. I have 4 of 7 on the deck right now, and the last 3 eggs have good pips. Hoping they all hatch, and all today!
fl.gif

looks like nice clean shells, hocks looked good? not red? sweet job Joey!

The three most recent, the 13th on the right is a little sexlinked pullet.
Congrats Saris!!

not much going on I hatched five more piped . picture not so good though
look at you K!! nice eggies!
Moaning (__)?
nope snorin
lau.gif

Good morning Phil,Bubbles, and every one ells! And EYS!
Had a good New year party last night?
How is your Hang over?
Here something that will make it go away!

morning, what is that? Benny!!
hugs.gif

Naw, you got 100% by following what Sally told you instead of doin something else, like opening the bator when you weren't supposed to!
hugs.gif

Good morning!
he doesnt listen to everything, and you think he kept his hands out for the duration?

Can someone help provide me an answer. I had a chick hatch that has a larger than normal head and it's feet are not under it right. It seems top heavy. Any help would be appreciated.
I see MIke helped you, try some electrolytes/vits as well see the bottom section of https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Here are some more links that might be helpful:

How to Spot Problems of Newly Hatched Chicks http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-spot-problems-of-newly-hatched-chicks.html
Homemade Electrolyte Recipe for weak/ill chicks post #3876 USING SPONGE WEDGES post #4473
SPRADDLE Leg WEAK CHICKS Legs see post #3879 post #3876 post #4174 post #4382 post #4690 post #4693

And here is a link to all the helpful info Sally has gathered. There is a lot there, so just go down the list to see what might help.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/incubating-w-friends-helpful-notes-links-informational-post-links

danke Mike!

You are up!! G'mornin, Sally!
bow.gif
ya.gif
hugs.gif

yea I am up again, but cant post right gonna have a hissy fit soon
Morning Sally!
hugs.gif

mornin phil
Good morning. Looks like some nice babies being born! Congrats @Ur-ur-ur-urrr on the 100%!

I see some new faces on the thread, so welcome.
mornin hero!

working on this incubator, how many vent holes and located where,
I say the same as the men folk silverhair, thats what I got and I have some up top that I never open anyways

Well the six 7-9 week old chick I put in the small backyard tractor survived. They were huddled a bit but not bad on the hay I put in the corner instead of on the roost, but it was 22 this morning and it is colder in the little coop than being in a dog crate in the big coop heated by all the big birds body heat. I know it stays warm in there since even at the teens outside last night the water stayed thawed in the coop.

Any suggestions for eggs you accidentally left out to freeze other than the pigs?
mornin dax! and feed back to chickens/chicks

never tried the drunk thing. I grew up in a drunken hell and swore I would rather be six feet under.
Hope everyone who did feels better soon.
Happy New Year
awww dax, I am sorry

Here is my lone silkie so far this morning.
sad.png

Dang rooster, over 30 set, seven made lock down.
One has for sure quit, two other questionable, no pips on the last three yet.
Did have some temp fluctuation at lockdown fo some reason, hope that didn't doom them.
fl.gif
I feel your pain but you know that, at least I had more viable this time. and mornin cc

Any ideas what this color pattern is? It is a buff/EE to a buff/EE.

Or this buff/EE over barred rock. It has a reddish bronze on head and striped on its wings.
cute!

Thank you Sally for recommending Kathy.
I no longer think she will loose the wing.

She would thank you too but I haven't let her use the computer yet.

Thank you Sally for recommending Kathy.
I no longer think she will loose the wing.

She would thank you too but I haven't let her use the computer yet.
awwwww can you let us know what you did then? just treated and wrapped to hold it or did you actually have to do some surgery?

Good morning, Rod!!! Happy new year!!!!!

Folks are just hatching a few chickies here and there.  ;)

mornin Rod! missed ya, hows it going?  find any delawares eggs yet?

I got 11 delaware eggs in my incubator..
Seller shipped a week late.. hopefully sent me freshest.
However the air cells looked bigger like they would for 7 day mark. So who knows.

No surgery just treated the wound underneath with iodine and lanolin wrapped it and then wrapped and taped the wing in place next to the body.
very nerve wracking working with those small wings and the swelling is so bad it only goes mostly in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom