INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of another egg for sure.

Well darn.

Does the fact the last two that I assisted were stuck in their shell due to a sticky drying membrane mean the unpipped are probably shrink wrapped?

Not necessarily, it only means that the eggs that were going to be easy hatchers are probably done, and what's left are the hatching-impaired.

Quick update on my next hatch. I had 16 eggs shipped from Texas. They had a rough life and it got worse when we experienced the big wind storm. I candled tonight and I'm down to 7. And 2 are questionable. 5 for sure are growing but that is all. Still have a long way to go :(

Quick update on my next hatch. I had 16 eggs shipped from Texas. They had a rough life and it got worse when we experienced the big wind storm. I candled tonight and I'm down to 7. And 2 are questionable. 5 for sure are growing but that is all. Still have a long way to go :(

That's the one and only Jace, my little spangled old english game bantam! She's in my avatar, only grown up. Isn't she cute????
she's the same breed as my Banty that I just got an egg from do they lay often and how are they as mothers it's the first time I've ever had a chicken as tiny as her and she's my sweetest hen out of the lot. Sorry for all the questions I'm just new when it comes to little chickens lol I was raised on RiR so all these breeds and colors are new to me. Half my family still won't eat my eggs because they aren't RiR and don't taste as good lol

That's the one and only Jace, my little spangled old english game bantam! She's in my avatar, only grown up. Isn't she cute????
she's the same breed as my Banty that I just got an egg from do they lay often and how are they as mothers it's the first time I've ever had a chicken as tiny as her and she's my sweetest hen out of the lot. Sorry for all the questions I'm just new when it comes to little chickens lol I was raised on RiR so all these breeds and colors are new to me. Half my family still won't eat my eggs because they aren't RiR and don't taste as good lol

Aww! Jace is a good layer too, about every other day now, I don't know how that breed is for mothers personally, but most people say they are good moms and go broody fairly often.

I hope they all make it and you get a roo and 4 hens.

Last edited:
Aww! Jace is a good layer too, about every other day now, I don't know how that breed is for mothers personally, but most people say they are good moms and go broody fairly often.
thank you that makes me feel better every one told me since she is a tiny chicken I would only get a few eggs from her over winter and only a few more than that in spring. I completely fell in love with her and decided I need lots of little chicks from her

thank you that makes me feel better every one told me since she is a tiny chicken I would only get a few eggs from her over winter and only a few more than that in spring. I completely fell in love with her and decided I need lots of little chicks from her

Me too! I can't wait for spring!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom