INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part of another egg for sure.

Well darn.

Does the fact the last two that I assisted were stuck in their shell due to a sticky drying membrane mean the unpipped are probably shrink wrapped?

Not necessarily. Age of the egg, porosity, lots of things come into play, so I wouldn't count them out yet.

For anyone who might learn from this. My gimpy chick seemed to have a bad joint in his leg so I put a cast on him with medical tape and then wrapped some tape around the hip of that same leg and around his little body. It helped keep everything in place. He was walking normally by the end of the day. I left him taped up for 2 days. He got his cast off today and is all good :)

Can anyone find that post where the persons chick didn't grow and pm it to me? I can't find it on mobile and want to show my neighbor. She has a chick that is way smaller then other same age siblings

How do u know when a chick has leg problems or is just learning to walk and is clumsy?

ever had a foal with weak legs . or that was pigeon toed . compare it to another one . worst leg problem is when it's dragging the leg . curled toes will cause them to be unstable . If the toes are not normal looking in a very short time after hatch . some walk well quicker than others .but all should be straight and walking good in about two hours after hatch on their on give or take .

Ok my last post never posted so I'm typing it again. The Banty that I've been waiting for to lay an egg has been living with me for 22 days the one that as soon as she lays I was going to start incubating eggs from. I went out tonight to do my coop check and there laying an egg a message from god to fire up the incubator ( atleast that's how I see it). I'm going to wait a few more days and pray for more eggs. I would hate to set just one egg but we will see.

Trust me....it works for her. I am trying it out now on my current batch.

Lol I walked back into the room after making the hole and the chick is out!

Yay!

Nah, I'm busy today :old

:Oh hahaha!!!! :lau

I can't understand a word of that. Font is too small

Look at you hanging out now......

My two latest (assist chicks) are dry but not fluffy...it's like stuck to them. How to safely clean them??

I just wipe them down.

Ok my chick has a red dot sticking out of its back about the tail area...?!? Other chicks are pecking at it :(

That is a gland they use to help clean their feathers. I would use vics vapor rub to help prevent pecking.

I thought the top was aricauna

Nope EE. Aricauna are rare. Most are now just a cross of ER and Americana s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom