INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ONE TIME it goes wrong can mess you up for life. I have a sawstop table saw for this very reason.... Expensive, but if anything happened it could save my hand/arm/fingers... Just my 2¢....
-Banti
Edit: I dunno if they make miter saws, I just have that brand as my table saw.
Have you tried out this fancy function?

Mitre saws pull the material into the saw away from the operator.

Yeah, call me paranoid, thas' just my choice and I am happy with it! You say pah-tay-toe, I say pu-tay-toe. :lau

Have you tried out this fancy function?

Yep, I was cutting a 2X4 and there was a sticker on that side that somehow got on it... It was a little damp or something... Blade instantly stopped (it senses flesh or like conductive things) and there was just a little cut in the board. If that had been my finger I would have gotten away with a nasty cut instead of an amputated finger. :D
-Banti

Edit: I do realize that things like this may not be top priority for some, and most of the time these terrible accidents never happen but it is when they do that I am protecting against!

Last edited:
Yeah, call me paranoid, thas' just my choice and I am happy with it! You say pah-tay-toe, I say pu-tay-toe.
lau.gif

Yep, I was cutting a 2X4 and there was a sticker on that side that somehow got on it... It was a little damp... Blade instantly stopped (it senses flesh or like wet things) and there was just a little cut in the board. If that had been my finger I would have gotten away with a nasty cut instead of an amputated finger.
big_smile.png

-Banti
Actually it's po-tay-toe
lau.gif

Yeah, call me paranoid, thas' just my choice and I am happy with it! You say pah-tay-toe, I say pu-tay-toe.
lau.gif

Yep, I was cutting a 2X4 and there was a sticker on that side that somehow got on it... It was a little damp... Blade instantly stopped (it senses flesh or like wet things) and there was just a little cut in the board. If that had been my finger I would have gotten away with a nasty cut instead of an amputated finger.
big_smile.png

-Banti

Edit: I do realize that things like this may not be top priority for some, and most of the time these terrible accidents never happen but it is when they do that I am protecting against!

Doesn't it mess up the motor or anything like that when it comes to such a violent stop?

I claimed the two deaths that were my fault via drowning, and have to decide if I want to order the difference to make up the 25 or not.
That was VERY nice of them, and very honest by you - I'm sure they appreciated that! Was there a reason you started with 25? If it was just the minimum you had to order, and you don't want 25, I would take the refund. Or, have them send a few replacements and a refund for the rest? I would guess they would have to use a heat pack if the first were hurt by the cold in transit.

Good luck whatever you decide to do!!

Never said it was lost, I don't think you have to be scared of that, just seemed like your weekly numbers were a bit low is all :lau

Lol, yeah, seeing as how that's the most I've ever set for a single hatch, :lau I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in babies! Not to mention the 98 chicks and poults due to hatch the week before lol

Lol, yeah, seeing as how that's the most I've ever set for a single hatch,
lau.gif
I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in babies! Not to mention the 98 chicks and poults due to hatch the week before lol
I wish you the best hatch (hatches) ever!!! That is 41 more eggs (I think) than I set - I set 60 for the HAL. I only have 22 set to hatch 3 days earlier. So you are going to be WAY more overrun than I will be! Good luck!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom