INCUBATING w/FRIENDS! w/Sally Sunshine Shipped Eggs No problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My broody normally got pretty mad when I go in her pen. I have to fill up her food and water every morning. She has gotten so used to me that I can now pet her, when I go in the pen. She has stopped hissing and biting and all those habits.
My broodies are my silkies, they are SO MELLOW. I spend less time with them than the folks that live there (that don't work full time - or at all anymore) do. But even the rooster lets me pick him up. I'm hoping they will ignore me when I reach under them.

sweetness!!!!!

X2 meeeee toooooo Justin!!

oh good!!! and pour me one too!

Awesome!!! @Torch404 I will add you to our hatchers list!! what day are they due? Did you get shipped eggs or are these yours? pretty birds! And look at your AVY!!! they do float! ha ha ha do you have a nickname you want us to call your or just Torch?

yums!!

I dont bother notching out with a chisel anymore, I just do it with the saw, I am a cheater. But I have made so many gates at this point it goes so much faster even though my dad hollers if he sees me pullin wood sideways through the saw lol
He should holler at you!
barnie.gif

My broodies are my silkies, they are SO MELLOW.  I spend less time with them than the folks that live there (that don't work full time - or at all anymore) do.  But even the rooster lets me pick him up.  I'm hoping they will ignore me when I reach under them.  

My seramas are pretty mellow too. She doesn't really mind when I reach under her to check eggs and things of that sort. I have only had one mean serama rooster, would attack anything! And I mean anything. He will attack hens, can't be around a rooster for the life of him, and sometimes works himself up and will attack people.

Lucky you! My doe has been tricking me! I have to sit in the house to keep from checking in her! They are so cute! Congrats!!
Thank you! Fancy tricked me everyday since Tuesday. I thought "today is the day" everyday! She was mean to me. I pretty much lived in the goat pen all week. Oh and the hourly checks Friday night because she looked like she was in labor! I'm glad it's over.
Our next doe is due in 2 weeks.

Thank you! Fancy tricked me everyday since Tuesday. I thought "today is the day" everyday! She was mean to me. I pretty much lived in the goat pen all week. Oh and the hourly checks Friday night because she looked like she was in labor! I'm glad it's over. 
Our next doe is due in 2 weeks. 

That sounds like my doe. She constant shows signs of kidding soon. I wait and wait and wait. Then nothing happens! She is showing signs of kidding soon (hopefully they are real) cross your fingers!

@Sally Sunshine Decided to set a dozen guinea eggs today, didn't have room in my cabinet incubator sooooo started up one of the backup 'bators
hide.gif
thumbsup.gif

Quote: use a 2x4 on its side, as I said in the post reply, on its side the more area for feet the better for the chickens feet in winter to prevent frost bite! some even staple outdoor green plastic carpet on them cause poo brushes right off and they are sprayable!!

pl199740-green_temporary_outdoor_playground_safety_pvc_grass_mat_for_garden_ornament.jpg
thumbnail.asp

All the eggs under the broody are fertile!
@Sally Sunshine
awesome!!!

Does anyone know what the best way is to candle Marans eggs or dark olive egger eggs? My flashlight is mediocre and it doesn't get through either.
Candlers/ FLASHLIGHTS TO CANDLE DARK EGGS & Innovations SUGGESTIONS post #38996
Strombergs CANDLERS (basic models 4 hobbyist, high intensity models 4 professionals click HERE
Flashlights - try more than one! post #1689 BEGIN post #2702 post #18179

@Ur-ur-ur-urrr I just remembered something I heard on the radio this morning: Mississippi & Alabama are in line for tornadoes Tuesday. Not sure whether they're talking early or late.
Thought I'd let you know, on the off chance you haven't heard yet.
Y'all be careful out there!
x2

21 of our eggs are still looking great! I'm fixing to order some serama bantam eggs from MPC, my son has been wanting some badly!

My doe FINALLY kidded.
Buck/Doe Twins! The brown one is the doe and we are keeping her :)
DARLING boogers!!!! so cute!!!!

Quote: oh come on, seriously? You whites? you know how much crap I have built and wood I have cut already!! its not like I am a saw newbie by any means lmao!!!

I used a saw and worked with wood more than he ever did in his life! I guarantee that! Althought he would argue that point ha ha
so
tongue.gif

Last edited:
Yeah, call me paranoid, thas' just my choice and I am happy with it! You say pah-tay-toe, I say pu-tay-toe.
lau.gif

Yep, I was cutting a 2X4 and there was a sticker on that side that somehow got on it... It was a little damp or something... Blade instantly stopped (it senses flesh or like conductive things) and there was just a little cut in the board. If that had been my finger I would have gotten away with a nasty cut instead of an amputated finger.
big_smile.png

-Banti

Edit: I do realize that things like this may not be top priority for some, and most of the time these terrible accidents never happen but it is when they do that I am protecting against!
Power equipment is great when used properly, but you'd best respect it; it'll jump up bite you in the butt in a New York second! Remind me to tell you sometime about my little run-in with a chainsaw.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom